2018 Spring Clean - proposal

@boldaslove we missed you last night on the meeting. Shake it up!!!

Depending on date I’m up for this

Opps! Was a bit busy

Help!

Okay so looking at the calendar the following Saturdays and Sundays are free of events in the calendar.

• Saturday 24th March
  • Saturday 31st March
  • Sunday 1st April
  • Saturday 7th April
  • Sunday 8th April

How can I find out if there are inductions on these days?

Any one now how I can check if there are inductions or other events on the days above?

Yes they’re all posted in here. https://discourse.southlondonmakerspace.org/c/admin/induction-sessions

There are inductions happening in the woodshop at 2:00 on the 24th and 25th that I know of.

The best plan might be to start early on a weekend day to do the worst bits when it’s not too busy and then check with people where all the random things that we will inevitably unearth in the clean room should live. And we could give notice before the day that random stuff needs to be collected.

I think that rules out 24th and 25th then.
I can’t see any other clashes in there at the moment so think we should go ahead and propose these dates:

• Saturday 31st March
  • Sunday 1st April
  • Saturday 7th April
  • Sunday 8th April

@unknowndomain I think a doodle poll is what we want. Can we tske you up on your promise to do one?

We want to propose the dates above and get people to tick which dates that they can attend so we can work out which date will get the most people down to help. Vaguely aware I sound a bit like David Dimblebee trying to explain to viewers how to contact them via twitter.

These are really great suggests.

But, I really want to avoid taking on to much here. I think we need to be totally clear about the intention of the event:

We will be cleaning:

• Clean Windows inside and out
  • Clean the bathroom
  • Clean the kitchen
  • Clean the fridge
  • Clean the cupboards
  • wash all the floors
  • hoover the space
  • wipe down all the surfaces
  • empty all the bins
  • wash the bins
  • dust all the surfaces in all rooms

(definatly not in that order)

We won’t be:

• chucking anything out
  • moving piles of stuff
  • contacting owners of property
  • re organising anything
  • hiding anything
  • trying to figure out who stuff belongs too
  • making decisions about chucking things out

I think we just need to keep it really clear what our objective is and keep it really simple. Keep it achievable. And priority number one get the space clean. Besides if we start moving things Mark might bet confused and we don’t want that.

I hope It’s a day to get some people together for a bit of a laugh, team building and hopefully meet some new members with a cleaner space at the end of it

1 Like

@dermot is your ladder available for getting up high and cleaning / dusting etc?

Yes, it can be

Click the options wheel, and click ‘build poll’

Also there is a bigger ladder that we found in the estate. It’s perfect except one of the clips is knackered so it needs to stay un folded otherwise you can’t open it again without major work with a screwdriver.

:blush::blush::blush::blush:

For any body that would like to come along and help cleaning and tidying the space. Doing an old fashioned Spring Clean (really focusing on cleaning hoovering dusting etc rather than sorting out what should or shouldn’t be in the space. Please see top of post for details)

Please please please add your name. New members, old members, directors.

There will be biscuits!
brownie points towards shutter access!!
Make new friends and have a laugh.

Below is a wiki.
To add your name, Click the green edit button in the top right of this post, and add your user name to the days you can make. The date with the most names wins.

Saturday 31st March:
@SarahJ
@boldaslove

Sunday 1st April:
@boldaslove

Saturday 7th April:
@boldaslove
@Beth (after work)

Sunday 8th April:
@boldaslove

@directors can you put an @members on this please?

I think you just did! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I cant make all of the weekends, but will try to clear a couple of the later ones.

1 Like

…3 days in we only have two volunteers. This isn’t going well.

When I get time I will add some more dates - need to check for induction / event clashes blah blah.
Hopefully we will get some more interest.

@dermot any chance you can try to gather some support?