17th December: Winter Party. How's it going? A Christmas Meetups planned!

Hi guys, I left in August to start working as a technician in Cambridge Uni. I’d love to visit over the Christmas period when I’m back in London. Do you have anything planned that might be good to attend?
Cheers,
Will

2 Likes

Christmas/End of year/Winter party - is anyone interested?

I could be bothered to organise similar thing to the anniversary merriment (🎂 Sunday 15th Oct: 10 year Anniversary BAKE - OFF + BBQ)

Poll closing on Sunday 10th Dec.

• 16th Dec Sat
  • 17th Dec Sun
  • 28th Dec Thu
  • 29th Dec Fri
  • Other day
  • Winter party yes but no Xmas themes please
  • Theme in comments

0 voters

@woodworkers @3dprinters @laserusers @keyholders

4 Likes

17 people have voted!

3 Likes

Sunday the 17th it is! To gauge dietary preferences fill poll!

• Vegan
  • Vegetarian
  • Flexitarian
  • Allergy in comments
  • Promising to be bringing cake

0 voters

@moderators can you please pin this event?

2 Likes

Thanks for organising this Petra! Looking forward to catching up.

1 Like

thanks for raising the topic!

Hey everyone, I’ve been exposed to COVID, but also am a bit run down due to so much events I’ve been to in the last few weeks.

There is a chance I won’t be great on Sunday, but will be clearer tomorrow/Saturday hopefully.

Is there someone who wants to take this on?

Could you set out what needs to be done, then maybe people can volunteer for specific tasks.

1 Like

Before:

Call out for people to bring anything they want to drink from hot chocolates to mulled wine.

***People will also need TREATS (cakes, wholesome home-made snacks etc)

• check there is enough charcoal for bbq in snug (if not, getting some charcoal)

• accept a food delivery at the space I have lined up OR do shopping for round about 50-60£ (it does get a lot of stuff,nobody please worry about this)

• keep the doors open from event start and welcome people

• there might be a community task - last time it was clearing the space in front of the arch using shovels, gloves and bin bags … and then setting up tables. This time it would be making space indoors and being creative with ventilation and seating arrangements. Putting music on. Maybe there would be some activity to be done, that’s up to the creatives.

• after event ends gather people to clean up and take responsibility for sorting rubbish and leaving the space clean and dishes in dishwasher

1 Like

What time is it planned for? I’m happy to bring music and chocolate.

2 Likes

11:00-17:00!

1 Like

I’m happy to do a little magic show for the Christmas party!

2 Likes

I can’t stay for the whole time, would anyone be in favour of scaling it down and doing from 13:30 to 16:30?

2 Likes

Also would be nice to announce it to all the members so we can have a nice gathering.

2 Likes

I am hoping to pop there on Sunday. Happy to help whatever needs.

2 Likes

If we just agree on a start time, then I think we’re sorted. What do people think? 14:00?

2 Likes

Yes, anytime in afternoon is good!

So I’m feeling better and still testing negative. I’ll bring the food for bbq, but totally happy with start anytime. Maybe I’ll get the bbq going for 2pm? Late lunch time.

1 Like

Sounds good.

1 Like