Woodwork evening 11th March 19:00-21:00

🪵🪚🪵🪚🪵 Woodwork Night 🪵🪚🪵🪚🪵

Next event: 11th March

An opportunity for us to get together, talk shop, plan projects and maybe even learn a thing or 3…

This will run every 2nd Monday from 19h00 to 21h00. It is welcome to all members, whether you’ve had a woodshop induction or not. There will be at least one wood-tech/wood-inductor in attendance but usually a few of us.

To keep things social it will be a strictly no power tools zone ! Everyones favourite bit of the basic induction is shaving the thinnest layer possible with a hand plane so that’s the type of fun we want to prioritise. We want to aim to have each one start with a demo or presentation of some kind. To start with these will be from the woodtechs but it would be fantastic to have some of our incredible carpenters share their talents with some of us who aren’t quite so skilled (yet!).

So come along, whether you bring a bit of scrap to mess around with or you just want to discuss future projects and share ideas. Both are welcome!

Agenda:

• @lewisss : Q&A on anything to do with woodworking, planning, purchasing wood, finishing. (I do not know everything, so if there is a question I can’t answer I will find out for you)

Please, No Open toed Shoes/ Sandals

10 Likes

Just a bump for this!
The first woodwork evening is tomorrow!!!

3 Likes

Looking forward to talking about all things woodwork and showing people how to flatten a peice of wood like an amateur! :joy:

1 Like

Very cool, I’ll drop in with a bit of old oak :sunglasses:

1 Like

Popped in this evening to say hi, nice to meet you all! Keen to join at a future woodwork night, could I suggest dovetails as a subject/activity? Might work well without power tools :smile:

Thanks @lewisss and @Chrispyduck for the intros and nice to meet / see everyone!

This was great fun! Will keep an eye out for others – I’ve already got my first two projects in mind once I’m inducted!

Bumping this back up the list :X

Next Evening Monday 11th March. All members welcome.

Hand tools only
Agenda:

• @woodtechs : Q&A on anything to do with woodworking, planning, purchasing wood, finishing. (We do not know everything, so if there is a question we can’t answer we will find out for you)

If there is something particular you would like to see, please post below

1 Like

Hi
I want to make some flight cases.
I wondered if it’s okay to work this product in the space?

Thanks

Can’t make this one sadly but the last one was great! Catch you next time :slight_smile:

Quick reminder, this is happening again today, all welcome, woodworkers remember no power tools tonight between 19:00 and 21:00