Who is interested in leather craft?

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa4a385d0a0> #<Tag:0x00007fa4a385cf38>

I am interested in learning more about leather craft and making my own stuff from leather.

Are there any fellow leather workers here? It would be great to get a small group together and share knowledge and tips for suppliers and stuff.

so far I can think of
@father @MattGilmour @The1Harris Louis_Gianfrancesco

yeah i’m down to help if i can :smiley:

1 Like

Hello!
I have a few leather plans (including making personalised leather stamps) , planning on going to JT Batchelor (a leather stockist in Dalston - any requests, shout) on Monday to get some leather for some projects (and get some leather tools for the Makers Space…as we don’t have any atm.)

3 Likes

Their website doesn’t have much, I’d suggest waiting on getting tools, just so we can discuss what we think it’s needed.

I mean feel free if you think they are good :D, just trying to get a discussion going before we start throwing money. :smiley:

2 Likes

Thier website is rubbish - but the store is proper old school tannery, highly recommend a visit.

I may have broken most of my leather tools making a bit of costume (don’t ask) so need to re-tool…i’m planning on leaving them in the Leather drawer for people to use (only the basics like basic stamps/bevels, swival blade etc.)

6 Likes

Hi Martin! I am interested in going there as well. I have sent you a private message. :grinning:

@Camille and @Vinna expressed interest previously!

2 Likes

thanks! the more the merrier!

I’m planning on heading on Monday day-time if you’re around :slight_smile:

1 Like

Scream if you need help I made a couple sets of leather armours, boots, belts,quivers, etc back in the day

2 Likes

It was a lot of hair ago :rofl: :rofl:

7 Likes

inserts scream gif

It was wolin proof :laughing:

1 Like

Hello! I’v done a lot of laser engraving on leather, and also used laser to cut pieces and pre-piece holes. Happy to help if you have any questions about those :slight_smile:

I also found that charity shops can be a very good source of cheaper leather if your project can work with small pieces :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This sounds great! Maybe we could have a meet up for anyone interested in leatherwork for an exchange of idea.

2 Likes

I would be!

1 Like

I would be too, but complete noob…

1 Like

We all are - we can figure it all out together :slight_smile:

3 Likes

These dates still look free in the calendar. Just indicate and days you are available:-)

• Tuesday, 29th of November
  • Friday, 2nd of December
  • Monday 5th of November

0 voters

1 Like

@mbg @Ryanf :slight_smile: