What stuff do we need for the village?

Seeing we’re getting awfully close to EMF time, do we need stuff for the village other than the obvious? I’m bringing big extension and network cables, but anything else we can help out by bringing along?

A fire pit would be nice.

Camping chair?

• Wooden sign
  • PVC sign
  • Leaflets
  • Did we ask for Tom’s gazebo?
  • We could take some of those LED strips this time? Every one loves LEDs!
  • BBQ would be cool if we also then bring meat and a fridge?

For BBQ we can just drive out on the day and buy meat. If someone had a good cooler box that would help. And there’s communal BBQs again this year.

Rope, duct tape and cable ties (for the signs and banner, if you’re wondering)

N.B.

Bar doesn’t seem to accept Bitcoin this year…so that’ll keep the boy out of trouble.

You guys can take my generator if you want

Thanks but there’s power and WiFi all over the site

1 Like

If anyone has stuff they want me to take down to EMF in the van then let me know.

I’ll be picking stuff up from the Makerspace at 10am on Friday morning.

Anyone taking a kettle?

Hadn’t even thought of it!

I’m planning on surviving on instant noodles and caffeine, both which require hot water.

I don’t have a kettle that I can bring (living in shared house). Is there a spare one in the space?

Kettles on the end of long extension leads probably isn’t a good idea tbf.

Fair point.

Is anyone taking a camping stove? And who wouldn’t mind using to heat water?

There’s at least one 13amp and 45m ish extension lead around. I had one, and I recall one in the space.

Camping stove is more fun!

If anyone is considering buying a camping gaz just to make tea, check out the Kelly Kettle. You can run it on field detritus (grass, twigs, garbage) and easily boil water with barely any fuel.

www.kellykettle.com

3 Likes

Love these, I know them as volcano kettles for some reason…

EMF tweeted that there won’t be a shop on site this year as the vendor pulled out. That was a very useful feature last time!

I thought I could get hold of a few camping chairs, but they’re all broken/disappeared, I’ve just found out…

I’m bringing a chair and an extension

I’m headed to the space shortly, will be able to help round some bits up.

If there is no shop I might go grab some ‘essentials’ as there are no soft drinks in the bar either, so it’s going to be beer, water or nothing from what I can tell.

I am happy to go to Brixton Tesco and do some shopping if @dermot is willing to take it in the van tomorrow. Could get some basics, or we could pop out when we arrive?

We won’t feel like popping out once we’re there!

I’m bringing a hot plate and sauce pan… And Panini maker