We've been offered a free HPC LS3040 laser cutter - thoughts?

Somebody(s) need to take ownership of this project.

What about the CNC?

Goes in (or in the place of) the tower o’ offcuts, assuming it’s something the size of a Carbide3D Nomad
Plenty of space under the worktop for laser material storage.

This has turned into a quite resounding ‘let’s take it, improve it, pass it on if we don’t need it’

However: we need someone to take the lead on this so that the dependencies that @tomnewsom listed above get actioned – and confirmed possible in case of extraction?

Who among us will champion this cause? Please reply below.

Just bumping this, can someone take ownership of this,
Or I will … not that I have enough commitments already!

2 Likes

People like you that make the space keep turning over.

like i’ve said all along - It think this is a great offer & project and am happy to collect it from its present home + help with the upgrades.

Courty

Excellent, I just wanted to make sure we still had the interest there!

I think maybe we should consider appointing someone as ‘lead’ when a project like this comes in. Sometimes it might be appropriate to choose from the techs, sometimes not, but at least there’s a central point for the potential donor to contact and someone who should make sure the project gets pushed along.

That’s exactly what I asked for. I think @Courty’s the lead on this. I’ll contact Adam, and see what the situation is — then put them in contact with each other if it’s still a goer.

2 Likes

Good. I’m suggesting we make it policy.

1 Like

I’ve been in contact with Adam and the cutter should be available in the next few weeks — he’ll let us know.

He’s also got Ikea Expedit 4x4 shelving unit if anyone has a need for it.

I’d love the shelving unit if the space doesn’t need it…

2 Likes

We’ve already destroyed one of those because we didn’t need it and it was knackered, we really don’t need it.

1 Like

Hard to imagine where it would fit, so if no one comes up with a good proposal for it for the Space, it’s yours.

1 Like

We now have a date for collection: Thursday 19th October (or in the days immediately following, but not much longer)

Who is taking lead on this?

I believe I am ! :wink:

Courty

scrolls up

So you are :slight_smile:

Happy to be put in email contact with the guy?

Yes please

Courty

Is this still the case? @Courty has offered to pick it up, let him know.