Using the horizontal bandsaw

I wanted to know if I can use the horizonatl bandsaw without an induction?
I have a a portable vertical bandsaw which I have used frequently to cut up aluminium and steel.
I think the horizontal bandsaw will cut larger material. Also, I have recenlty moved and I am not sure if my new neighbours will appreciate me cutting up lots of metal in our yard!

Hi, both bandsaw and pillar drill at the moment require installing missing safety features to be freely used by members - bandsaw is new, and we did have drill press before, but replaced it.

Bandsaw needs emergency stops, drill press need an emergency stop and belt lid safety interlock (also table supporting mechanism). After that we can do risk assessment and come with a proper procedure.
We’re working on adding those now.

Other than that, both machines are in working order.
While I believe you would be perfectly capable of using them, until everything is in place please catch one of @metaltechs so you could do it together. Just message me when you want come over and I’ll join you.

1 Like

Thank you. I will be in touch in the next few weeks.

I have to first figure out what I need to drill and cut next for the telescope I am making (it is around 2/3 complete). It is mainly made of aluminium.