Trend vacuum being repaired?

@woodtechs, @directors

Can anyone shed any light on what is happening with the trend m class vacuum? Last time I saw it, it was on the clean room floor in pieces. Is anyone working on this, ordered the parts to fix it, or determined it is not serviceable?

We need to know asap as at the moment only one hand power tool can be used at any one time in the woodshop.

The festool is the only m class vacuum we currently have working in the woodshop.

The Henry IS NOT “M Class” so should not be used for on tool dust extraction.

Please post if you are working on this so we can either get it working again or replace it.

Hi Mark,:smiley: :thinking: I saw it in the big blue bin on Wednesday when I was putting out the rubbish with an attached note on it saying F****d (im polite lol ) but I had a conversation with andy this morning and he did not know who threw it or why . Some one has been using the Henrys as a hoover extraction for the tools hence why I think that the hoovers are in the state that they are (the Henry that I left in the wood shop last week is now going to be have to looked at as well :crying_cat_face: ) now the hoover carnage is now at 3 . Keep well . Brian D=

@danielbenton and I were in the process of fixing it and spent money on new parts, i have no idea what happened to it- anyone??

Also the junk by the door is e-waste, we can’t just throw it in the bin, or we would have! If someone can take it to the tip somewhere that would be great, we don’t have an e-waste pickup of any kind right now.

it’s becoming part of the forniture, we need to start to clean up…

Someone take it to the tip! Please :wink:

I have a fiat 500.

If need to be taken to the tip and needs for volounteer why there isn’t a call for it?
It’s been there for months.

It might actually fit in a Fiat, its like 2 bags of stuff and 2 fluorescent lights

No reason there wasn’t a call for it, just a lot more higher priorities I guess - it keeps piling up via the 3 week bins, which have not had an owner in years despite call outs - they are basically just lost and found which is fine, but if someone wants to take those on that would be great as well! Either rotate them regulary, or convert to lost and found and dump them occasionally?

This has gone a bit off topic now, do we need to source another extractor for the woodshop?

If so I think the trend is not up to the job (it only lasted 14 months!

Not sure the @directors will approve another festool
Although the 3year warranty might swing it!

I have had experience with the metabo which seemed to be a decent extractor.

Any other suggestions?
@woodtechs?

Yes, the end result is it gone unfortunately, so we need another one, any suggestions welcome!

This is the one I used

With

Or a smaller one

With these

Or the smaller model is

(3year warranty if registered within 4 weeks)

Separator /cyclone not available
Or

Festool

With

Separator has been invaluable with the other Festool as there is a clear visual of when it needs emptying, thus not requiring bag replacement.

These any good?

Or it has to have the separator as well…

They are both L class which doesn’t meet the required standards, all festool m class extractors start with CTM ……

I wouldn’t be opposed to a second hand one but would have concerns about why it is being sold!

The seperator can be added to any festool extractor but with out it we are back to replacing bags which can turn out more expensive in the long run.

I think whatever you guys buy next needs to be bagless. Bags never get changed or emptied and that’s probably what killed the trend.

2 Likes

Which is why the separator is the best part of the festool system.

I did find this

1 Like

That’s unfortunate, I was looking for it yesterday as I hadn’t really been in all week. The vital parts work on it, it had a new control board and we know the motor still worked fine, good brushes and coils, it even energised when we bypassed everything else. I wasn’t too sure on the continuity of the switch and wanted to test that more. With a little more work we could’ve had it up and running again.

When I found the trend broken, it had very obviously been used without a bag, which i suspect to be the reason it broke. Whatever replacement we get, can we make sure it has a cyclone

Hmm, yea sounds like that was the issue…

If we want the cyclone, the festool is the only option,
Bag change frequency will be in years rather than weeks,
The clear cyclone on top gives an instant visual indication if it is full and needs changing.

It is easy to empty, undo two clips, pour the contents in the bin outside, and replace.

The easier we make the dust extraction emptying the more likely it is going to be done by members.

The new cyclone on the fixed extraction has proved this already

2 Likes

@asander1 did we bid on the cyclone ?

Was looking for input / approval from @Howard / @joeatkin2

Thoughts guys?

1 Like