Tormek sharpener

We have a wonderful whetstone sharpener , the directors have spent a lot of money for accessories, jigs, and spare parts.

It keeps our tools in tip top condition.

Please do not use this unless you have had a full induction on this machine by the @woodtechs or the @lathetechs

This week we have had a gouge in the wheel which has meant that the wheel has had to be resurfaced.

Today I got the machine out and the water trough was full of water.

This should absolutely never happen,

1. No one will expect there to be water in there so it will end up being sloshed in the floor.
  2. The water will soak into the bottom part of the wheel and drain away from the top part of the wheel leading to the wheel becoming unbalanced, ireggular wearing and inconsistent sharpening
    Leaving the water in there also encourages mould growth on the side of the wheel.
  3. It is just bloody lazy!

Please don’t be offended if I ask you who trained you in the use of this machine.

It should only be used by @lathetechs, @woodtechs and those trained by the above.

It will be going on tool control soon

2 Likes

I don’t know anything about the gouge, I’ll take responsibility for the water as packed it away for Esther to make space for another member, completely forgot to check for water.

And i forgot to mention it! sorry!