Toolholder for the space

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa49647f800>

Just wanted to take pulse real quick on @CNCers & @CNCtechs:

I’m designing the new toolholder for the bits and had an idea but now I think it’s stupid:

So the notation is (Tool number)(hole for roughing bit) (# flutes)(hole for finishing bit)(diameter).
I chose to arrange the tools by diameter first, then by flute count… but now I’m thinking it’s stupid and SHOULD go by number. Thoughts before I commit the design to wood?

2 Likes

Real quick: it hurts my mind to look at these numbers out of order.

I think perhaps renumbering the tools to [num flutes][size] might be interesting… (I.e. the current tool 18 becomes 22 not sure how that works for decimals)

whoops… forgot the “roughing symbol” a square:

I think drill the holes in ascending order of shaft diameter, also the matching collet can be in front of them, than arrange them by head type and size. Leave bigger gaps bc you have to take them out and put it back without using long nose pliers.

1 Like

Thanks! Actually I’m using the exact spacing as what we have in the space now… do you think that’s too tight?

I have a 5 minute work close to the space so on the way back I pop in 5.30 pmish

Amit Kohli via Discourse – South London Makerspace notifications@southlondonmakerspace.org ezt írta (időpont: 2022. máj. 27., Pén 14:41):

I’d make it with bigger spaces for bigger heads.

The big-head ones (Vbits) will be off to the side and those definititely have more space :slight_smile: )

1 Like

That sounds totally usable!

Amit Kohli via Discourse – South London Makerspace notifications@southlondonmakerspace.org ezt írta (időpont: 2022. máj. 30., Hét 18:09):