Support a great charity project in Aviva bid, last few days to vote!

Some of you may know that I’m involved with great project over in Tooting working with unaccompanied child refugees to work on garden, construction and art projects. The charity CARAS has a bid for funding in with Aviva, which is awarded based on number of votes.

So: would be great to have some maker-votes to help push it up the leader board!

There’s just a couple of days left…

https://www.avivacommunityfund.co.uk/voting/project/view/16-2943

It takes just a few minutes but could be incredibly helpful!

See ‘blurb’ below:

Every vote counts!

Gardens of Refuge in Tooting is currently in position 6, but we need to get to 4th position to get to the finals.

Gardens of Refuge

What is Gardens of Refuge?

The Gardens of Refuge project will provide respite and the therapeutic benefits of gardening to refugee young people and families living in south London, working side by side with their new neighbours. It will build on the year-long gardening project TTT & CARAS have piloted in 2016.

Gardens of Refuge will connect refugees and asylum seekers to other people and places in their local community and beyond. For many this is an aspect that is missing from their new lives in a busy, unfamiliar city.

Why Vote?

By voting for Gardens of Refuge, you will help to create a legacy, contribute to the wider community and make a strong statement that refugees are not only welcomed here, but that they add knowledge, skills and beauty.

This legacy will be visible at the CARAS site in suburban Tooting, benefiting a diverse range of individuals and groups; in the Tooting Community Garden; and at the Grange in Norfolk.

Vote Today!

1 Like

10 votes from me!

1 Like

I already gave all my votes to a different project some weeks ago >_<

Thanks, I didn’t want to push people to give all their votes: but appreciated!

done

1 Like

+10 from me.

1 Like

10 from me

1 Like

Done.

1 Like

Done.

1 Like

Thanks all!

Anymore for anymore? Voting ends midday tomorrow (18th November)

It’s a very quick process: click link, sign up, get confirmation email, click that, answer (or avoid) a couple of questions, award up to 10 of your votes to Gardens of Refuge.

+20 from me :wink:

Courty

1 Like

I already voted for a Makerspace somewhere else that asked.

That’s 90 Makerspace votes in so far!

Project needs to be in top 4 to get a chance of funding.

Just slipped into 5 place…can we give it a last minute turbo-boost?

Ends at 12 this morning, takes 2 minutes:

Done, good luck with the project

1 Like

Dermot, what CARAS is doing is great and I’m proud that you’re part of it.

Have you sent personal posts as well as to all members?

Courty, I thought 10 was the maximum voter per person?

1 Like

Per email address…

Gotcha! + another 10 from me.

I didn’t as I thought it might be a bit spammy! It’s not really Makerspace related…

Huge thanks to all who are taking the time for this.

It so is Maker Space related, go on, go on, go on!