State of the Woodshop - Oct 3 2022

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa48dd25648>

Hello makers.

The woodshop is agonisingly close to being open. We’re just sorting out the fire alarm systems and access to the woodshop and then we’ll be open and ready to have people making again. Keep an eye on discourse in the next few days for the official opening.

I’ll update this thread later with a few pictures but some things you’ll need to be aware of when you come down.

1. A new way of extracting from the different machines.
  2. Emergency stops are only for emergency stops.
  3. Hand tools will be a bit jumbled until we find out how best to make use of the space we have. We’re working with French cleats to allow us to move things around until a useable layout is found.
  4. All tools have isolators.
  5. Bluetooth speaker still works :slight_smile:

Finally a massive thanks to @joeatkin2 and @lewisss and all of the members that have contributed to the move. In just under 3 weeks, the woodshop has been moved over.

Just a final note. There are smaller jobs that’ll be ongoing for the next few months, so please bear with us until they are done. If you find you have some time on your hands and want to make a tool holder, let us know and we’ll be happy to consider your idea :slight_smile:

Yours in sawdust,
@woodtechs

13 Likes

Amazing, well done!

Thanks, people!

10 Likes

Fabulous work! :star_struck:

1 Like

Good work guys, looks great

Nice! I can show up tomorrow Wednesday during the day to do small stuff as per your supervision?

1 Like

Looks great! Thanks so much @woodtechs

I’ll be in tonight as well, can definitely put in a few hours if there’s still stuff to be sorted out