Spring clean weekend 2020 POLL

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa496c59620>

How many gluten-free diet people are here? I am on a strict GF diet which I take seriously.

1 Like

I think more and more people don’t mind or enjoying gluten free / vegan / vegi…

…maybe we could just get a mixture of snacks for people to enjoy? What do you think? Maybe mini pizzas too?

Maybe a trip to supermarket or health food shop? Any way it’s impossible without an idea of budget

Okay, without knowing how many people are coming…we’ll allocate £50. Work on that basis and communicate if it fits the situation

1 Like

:sunglasses:

Yes I will come!

1 Like

I guess it’s just sanding and vanishing this??

Was it Osmo Oil?
@tomnewsom do you remember?

Osmo on window frame after a sanding, fairly simple

Door are a little more problematic: the veneers is coming off, and they have varnish as a finish

Are there any @woodworkers that fancy sanding the windows and giving them a coat of vanish at our coming Spring Clean 2020?

You’ll get plenty respect and thanks from da members for stepping up!

Osmo Oil on eBay is from Germany. Seems quite pricey.

Could get this instead

Best to stick with Osmo oil for this

@tomnewsom you’ve bought this stuff in the past. there are quite a few variants available could you recommend one and a supplier otherwise i’ll just get this one…Satin Exterior Oil 2.5L @ £61.45…

I am happy to help out with the windows on the day. Ideally the sanding would happen first :slightly_smiling_face:.

I voted and happy to join in.

Organisational skill wise I am good at list making and going through stuff that needs a decision on keep or chuck and declutter.

1 Like

This is coming up next weekend…and could benefit from these skills if you’re around!

I saw that. Put me down for it.

1 Like

Oh great. Thanks @Julia

Is sanding something you could do in advance?

1 Like

I am happy to do that beforehand. Do I just do the outside or Can de inside do with a coat as well?

Also, does it need resealining? It looks like the silicon had come of in some areas.

@Dermot could you please purchase the Osmo Oil? 750ml should be sufficient but I am wondering if we should get the 2.5l which then can also be used for the arch next door?

1 Like

Oh that’s great. Thanks Julia.

Did you get any reply yet about the Osmo oil?

No, I haven’t but I will follow it up.

@Dermot would you be able to order some of the Osmo oil for the door? See my previous post on this thread. :slightly_smiling_face: