Spring Clean 2018 Event - Sun 15th April 2018

Dear @members,

You are cordially invited to come to the space on Sunday 15th April 2018 between 10am and 1pm for an old fashioned spring clean.

To do list:

• cleaning
  • dusting
  • hoovering + mopping the floors
  • wiping down surfaces and equipment
  • cleaning the fridge
  • cleaning inside kitchen cupboards
  • cleaning the windows
  • cleaning the bathroom

To keep the focus on cleaning and to avoid getting distracted we won’t be moving any large items, moving furniture, reorganising the snug or reuniting property to their owners.

We are hoping that as many members as possible can mske it. We need your help.

You’ll meet new people and hopefully make new friends. It’s a great way to get brownie points towards shutter access and they’ll be tea, coffee and biscuits for everyone involved.

The post below is an editable wiki. If you want to come along please add you name (click the green button in top right of post and follow steps) or just turn up on the day.

We will be finishing around 1pm as the Raspberry Jam is at 1:45 in main room.

So that’s Sunday 15th April 2018 10am to 1pm.

All welcome!

7 Likes

Volunteers:

1 Like

@members please see above, and come along and support this excellent initiative!

2 Likes

I’m going to come in tomorrow morning to put back the dexion I “borrowed” in a fit of madness, sharpen my lawnmower blades, and then I’ll pitch in with the tidyup :slight_smile:

Great… but you’ll be a week early!

1 Like

Maybe I’ll just wipe the kitchen then :smiley:

2 Likes

Kitchen has been very clean recently

Maybe @platinumnqueen22’s handiwork?

Hi Dermot, guilty as charged, I just like it to look nice:grinning:

3 Likes

If the focus is on cleaning then we really need members to get non-essential gear/clutter out of the way?

@members come along and give the Space a short sharp clean! It’ll be a fun couple of hours and we’ll get the space gleaming!

1 Like

I’m sadly not going to be able to be present Sunday, sorry for the short advice :frowning:

Don’t worry! There’s always next year!!

Feels like a good day for a Spring clean! Looking forward to getting grubby with you fine people later this morning. I can’t wait to see how good we can make the place look!

For anyone who is coming - please bring any microfibe cleaning cloths you might happen to own. We have lots of floor cleaner and loo cleaner. What we will be most in need of is cloths that can pick up the dirt, and elbow grease.

If we have enough people and enough time, maybe we could also take the clean room tables outside, sand them down and give them a new coat of varnish. Or if not, we could make to do a list for spring clean stage two.

See you later!

1 Like

Remember we have the RasPi Jam at 1:45 and they’ll need the tables…but I think we’ll brew up a good list of future tasks today!

1 Like

https://www.officeoutlet.com/office-supplies/cleaning/multi-purpose-cleaners/elbow-grease-original-500ml/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIx6ump-W72gIVQi0ZCh197QCIEAkYASABEgI2O_D_BwE

It’s actually a thing now…

1 Like

I’m on the way, should be the about 1040 by current estimates, as suggested more then happy to help get the laser area tidied up a bit, if not happy to help with anything else that needs doing !

Hi, sorry I’m not feeling the best – I was hoping to organise the screen printing shelves but I can do that when I’m next in

1 Like