Special Event: 3D and 3D Printing in Photoshop CC

Originally published at: http://southlondonmakerspace.org/2015/09/12/special-event-3d-and-3d-printing-in-photoshop-cc/
Join Richard Curtis from Adobe at South London Makerspace on Saturday, 14th November 2015 for special 3D Printing in Photoshop CC event…

About

This talk will explain and provide information on the 3D/3D printing capabilities in Photoshop CC. We will focus on the working with the 3D interface as well as how to import and work with 3D models when inside Photoshop. The talk will also explain the advancements of the 3D printing engine and how it works with desktop and commercial 3D printers, as well as online services like Sculpteo and iMaterialise.

Attend

We are looking for about 20+ attendees, the event is open to the members and the public on a first come first serve basis, it will take place in Phase 1 (aka The Gate Room).

Register to attend here

Schedule

11:00 – Welcome to Makerspace

11:15 – 3D and 3D Printing in Photoshop CC (~2 hours)

After the event we’ll head over to the pub for some lunch and drinks.

I put my name down for the course but already followed a linda course on Photoshop CC. In case needed I’m volunteering as a host.

ps: however I will need to be inducted on the 3d printer before might preferable

I am fairly sure you can figure out an Ultimaker? However I will be around at some point and we can do a quick familiarisation.

If i havnt moved by then i can come along and help out.
But i wont know till nearer the time.

Gordon

If we don’t get to at least 20 attendees then it will probably get cancelled… Could do with some help promoting it in advance.

Shared it on the RepRap group on FB
might help :smiley:

Shared with my modest London Makers FB page
Probably won’t help!

Just a reminder that the space will be closed for this on Saturday morning.

Just checking @laurent_muchacho @gordonendersby are you guy still happy to host?

Well, I havnt moved yet as the buyers pulled out just before exchange of contracts.

Im not a paid up member anymore as i canceled my direct debit.
Which means my fob shouldnt work anymore.

Was it just opening up, pointing people at toilets, facilities and selling the makerspace?
If its not too much work, healths been crap last few weeks and my membership status isnt a problem then i can help out.

Would it be useful to bring my 3d printer along?
Just unpacked it again due to move being put off.

I see the event is sold out on eventbright.
Have we got enough chairs?

Gordon

Yes @unknowndomain I’m still in for hosting Saturday event. How many participant will be attending?

30 signed up, but its eventbrite so less.

Whoua that’s a lot Gordon got a point do we have enough chairs?

No, but we are not expecting that many to turn up, there is also the sofas…

I’m attending - happy/ expecting to help out too.

I can’t make it now, although I booked a ticket.

So there’s one spare place at least, if someone world like to take it?

Cool

We need to tidy up a bit in the space for this and find @Dermot’s projector and screen!

Plus if @matt you are driving? Perhaps you could loan some chairs?

I can bring some chairs along - think I’ve 3 that can be borrowed. 2 of which could prob. be a permanent donation

1 Like