South London MovieSpace - Thursday 14th December 20:00

As per earlier threads/discussions we’re hosting a screening of The Italian Job at the Makerspace.

Doors off: 19:30, screening: 20:00

This means that the clean room will be out of use for the evening – so electronics night is not on – and access to the other workshops will be restricted during the film: in particular no noisy tools to be used. Effectively this means that most of the space is out of action between roughly 20:00 to 22:00.

We need:

• some more chairs (at the previous screening people did bring their own)
  • a few members to help set up and make the Space safe presentable and help out with our guests. From 6 or 6:30pm.
  • some Scalextrix minis…
  • some tickets? Last time we had laser cut acrylic tickets…but paper would do

It’s a first come first served event.

also: anyone coming to to bring a contribution to the @foodbankNorwood collection:

@lewisss anything else?

Worth clarifying in the OP that this is the 1969 original, not the noughties remake. Sorry I can’t be there - sent out of town by the office.

I can help out from 6.

1 Like

Hope to be there early and happy to help out.
Best regards
David

1 Like

@electrotechs just a reminder about this taking over the messy room this Thursday

It’s a shame to not be able to be there as Italian representative…

1 Like

Messy room, or clean room?

Was looking to do some gluing up tomorrow to finish the nativity. Can always use the woodshop if needed though.

Yeah clean room… must’ve been having a moment.

We did talk about having the Scalextrix in messy, but it would probably be better in clean room.

Main issue might be light coming in from other workshops. But I’m sure we could solve that if needed…somehow.

I’m hoping to be down around 7pm, so can help out papering up the windows to block any light from the messy & woodshop

1 Like

With the flu at bay, I should also be down to help.

What should we do for tickets this time?

I can get there early to help set up. Shall I print some simple tickets? How many? What is our fire capacity BTW?

Fire capacity is 60 people.

Audience capacity? Unknown, maybe 30, we can assess tonight.

60 Tickets printed, on my way

1 Like

5 Likes