South London Makerspace: Elections 2019 Results

@members

This post shows final results for this election. All members who cast a valid vote will also receive these results in more detail by email, alternatively they can be viewed online here

Summary

Of the 334 voters in this election, 127 cast ballots. Tom Hedges and Howard Batchen are the winners after counting the ballots using Instant Runoff Voting.

Detailed Results

Counting ballots using Instant Runoff Voting. There are 6 candidates competing for 2 seats. The number of ballots is 127 and there were 125 valid ballots and 2 empty ballots.

Method Options:

• Candidate Elimination -- Zero
  • Weak Tie Breaking -- Backward

The bar charts below show the vote counts for each candidate in each round.

• Yellow — Votes carried over from the previous round.
  • Green — Votes received in this round.
  • Red — Votes transferred away in this round.

A candidate's votes in a round is the sum of the yellow and green bars. Since the green and red bars represent votes being transferred, the sum of the green and red bars is the same.

The exhausted bar represents votes where the voter did not indicate a next preference and thus there were no candidates to transfer the vote to.

Round 1

Count of first choices.

Round 2

Count after eliminating Re-open Nominations and transferring votes. Since this is the first elimination round, all candidates without any votes are eliminated.

Round 3

Count after eliminating Tris Oaten and transferring votes.

Round 4

Count after eliminating Robert Little and transferring votes.

Candidates Tom Hedges and Howard Batchen are elected.

Winners

Winners are Tom Hedges and Howard Batchen.

13 Likes

Congratulations to Tom and Howard

Commiserations to the rest of us

5 Likes

Congratulation to the successful candidates

3 Likes

Delighted with the result, many congrats to Tom & Howard! I think the Makerspace is in excellent hands. :grinning:

To my 7 loyal supporters:
3dtgu7
(I’m of course kidding)

15 Likes

Thanks everyone who stood. Much appreciated.

3 Likes

New directors celebration party in the new arch!?

Once the asbestos is removed of course

1 Like

Congratulations Howard and Tom!

Thank you to ALL candidates - it takes courage to “put your head above the parapet” in elections like this. We appreciate your willingness to do it.

3 Likes

Well done Tom and Howard!

2 Likes

Congrats!

2 Likes

I for one do salute our new overlords.

well done everybody :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thank you all for those kind words, and for giving me this opportunity to contribute to the space - it is an honour. Congratulations to @Howard, and thanks to everyone who stood as a candidate. I look forward to getting stuck in.
Please feel free to reach out to me in person or on Discourse with ideas/problems/feedback.

9 Likes

Thank you to the several people who convinced me I should put myself forward as a candidate.
Thank you members for your votes, congratulations Tom, I look forward to working with you and thank you outgoing directors for your contribution to the successful running of the space.

11 Likes

Yes the party should also be a farewell to them and @Esther_Gladstone who inducted me on the lathe in the nicest possible way

2 Likes