Silversmithing / jewellery Making tools

I have some jewellery making / silver smithing bits going spare. Nothing very sophisticated but includes solder, flux, ring mandrills, ceramic pads, blow torch, all kinds of pliers as well as findings. Would this be wanted in the space? @metaltechs?

6 Likes

This is definitely the sort of thing I would be interested in from my own perspective. @metaltechs may have another view though :slight_smile:

I’d like to see this in Makerspace too.

And some help in how to use it!

I wouldn’t mind having a go at learning these kinds of skills. I’ve actually watched quite a few youtube videos on the subject but never actually attempted such things.

Cool, I’ll bring the stuff in and happy to show how to use them!

4 Likes

Metaltechs will gladly accept the tools, I want to learn this skill also :slight_smile:

Am also very interested - have some brazing experience but never done anything with jewellery.

I’ve been watching this guys videos on and off for a while, quite plain and simple in his approach of explaining.

What a kind offer! +1 for introductory session :grin:

1 Like

Yes, it’s metal and skillful and fun!

Yes, Esther set up a date soon. Happy to bring along my tools and metal strips for an official intro session.

Esther and I left an array of silversmithing tools in the metal works area one of the items included a full and half full borax cone

Today when setting up for some jewellery making this seemed to be missing. I will replace, but just in case you’re unsure what this is and maybe throw it away not knowing what is, please take note of the picture and return it to the section in the metal area marked jewellery.

Cheers

I added a massive steel round bowl to the kit yesterday, it needs a rock, gypsum and pitch so we’ll have a pitch ball.
From some steel round bars we can make chasing and repousse tools. And get or make a chasing hammer.

1 Like

Thanks Gergo!

This is an old thread… might be worth taking an inventory of what we have for jewellery and putting it on its own tool page and where to find it! I feel like it is all scattered in the metalwork bookcase and not totally clear especially for a newbie jeweller…

Cheers,
Andy

1 Like

Hopefully I’ll find a bigger box somewhere for the kit and and make an inventory while packing it up!
Btw do we have a piece of ytong? It can perfectly double as a soldering board.

2 Likes