@silkscreentechs

And I will also vouch for @Cibele_Soares_Alvare to have shutter access, will need a second (again, @Howard? :slight_smile: )

+1 for both

Done

I suppose I can vouch for @afshind
http://go.sparkpostmail.com/f/a/TO_2sD20iP9qVvXx2hQEpA~~/AABSEwA~/RgRZg5rnP0EIAOvRL3YCKz0XWAQAAAAAWQZzaGFyZWRhCHN0YW5kYXJkYA01Mi4zOC4xOTEuMjI0QgoAA2dnoldAWkYkUhJoYmF0Y2hlbkBnbWFpbC5jb20JUQQAAAAARDhodHRwOi8vZGlzY291cnNlLnNvdXRobG9uZG9ubWFrZXJzcGFjZS5vcmcvdXNlcnMvYWZzaGluZEcCe30~
having
met him once, briefly

I will vouch for @Cibele_Soares_Alvare
http://go.sparkpostmail.com/f/a/tClHCfoR3mNWftRZrIRsag~~/AABSEwA~/RgRZg5x0P0EIAOvRL3YCfucXWAQAAAAAWQZzaGFyZWRhCHN0YW5kYXJkYA01NC4yNDQuNTQuMTQ0QgoAA_RooldAWtXoUhJoYmF0Y2hlbkBnbWFpbC5jb20JUQQAAAAAREVodHRwOi8vZGlzY291cnNlLnNvdXRobG9uZG9ubWFrZXJzcGFjZS5vcmcvdXNlcnMvY2liZWxlX3NvYXJlc19hbHZhcmVHAnt9
to
have shutter access

1 Like

Thanks Pip and Howard…sure we’ll see more of each now as we’re screentechs

Hi there,

I have screen printing experience but wondered if there were any experts with experience of screen printing porous textures such as leather? I have tested various paints and mediums with so so/poor results. Would love to hear from you if you can help.

Many thanks

Chanelle

beyond my expertise, but others may know, @silkscreentechs?

I’ll ask at the minesweeper tomorrow.They have plasticky inks. I’ve used
acrylic before. It’ll probably crack after a while if it’s on something
very flexible.

That would be fab, thank you. Yes most acrylics just sit on top and crack when the leather is stretched. Something that goes into the leather would be great. Someone had mentioned a coloured transfer paper before but none of the big art stores have clue what I’m on about. Nor do they have a clue about paints for leather - sigh!

Textile ink will work on leather. But if want a more even coverage plastisol ink will do the job.

Amazing! Thank you. will give that a go. I have tried textile ink but it’s not all even. Is the screen printing all set up? Do you guys have a workshop meet up?

Screen printing is in the pipeline, I’m helping finish the wood workshop and then building the sink enclosure will be a breeze, once that’s built we can get the gear and start! Realistically, September time at the earliest.

Ahh ok thanks for the update.

Hi there, I’m a new member. I’m not sure if I am on the right thread - but I was wanting to do and introductory/refresher to screen printing and was wondering when another induction is?
Thanks, apologises if this is somewhere else.

It’s not, but that’s okay!

When your membership payment has gone through and you have ‘member’ next to your name you can sign up to the list which is in the inductions section.

Oh right… Great thanks so much :slight_smile:

Hi, I was wondering what screen/s I can use for screen printing? I am wanting to do a few prints, but don’t want to ruin anyones work there.

Thanks,

Any screen that has inductions should be ok to use. Otherwise I think the others are members own, that said if it doesn’t havr a name on it’s fair game.

Screen wash should be in the splash booth area above sink in frosted clear bottle.

Cool thank you