@silkscreentechs

Putting myself forward for silk screen tech

You’ve certainly got the know-how. Consider it done. @screenprintingtechs is a bit of a mouthful. Any better ideas?

If there’s only one of you, there’s not much point in making agroup (which means I’m having 2nd thoughts about screen printing tech. Does it need more than one person?

COSHH assessment and upkeep, not to mention workshops

We encourage a buddy system for all the @/techs

Yes, it’s something one of the founders of Nottinghack advised us to be careful of is people taking on projects on their own and then having trouble with others feeling unable to help when that original person is too busy to keep going.

i.e. No one can do anything, having multiple people is a good solution to this.

ill be pips buddy.
ild quite like to do some t-shirts and fabric stuff any way so its my bag

1 Like

Thanks PaulY see you tomorrow

@afshind maybe this is something you’d consider, or at least let us learn from your experience :slight_smile:

@silkyMembers”?

That’s still quite a mouth full!

not to kill paul’s humour, but maybe just @screenprinttechs is fine, autocomplete does the heavy typing work.

1 Like

Yeah especially as the screens aren’t silk

Thinking about it @silkscreentechs has a nicer ring than screenprinttechs, and looks nicer as you loose the double ‘t’. Myself and @boldaslove ask the @directors that we be @silkscreentechs please.

4 Likes

Consider it done as soon as I get to a computer

1 Like

Seriously, we’re changing the name when it’s not even called silk screening. It’s screen printing.

Hi Neil,

What needs doing? Is there a thread?

Just being a tech, so maintainence, inductions, answering questions. If there is a few of us we can spread load a bit :slight_smile:

There is a level of responsibility for the safety of the area too.

yes of course, safety also.

Hello I am a Printmaker and I am willing to help with the the Screen Print area.

Cibele

2 Likes

Hi Cibele. Thanks for the offer that’s great. The more help the better.

In the coming weeks we will be making the area for the print screen stuff.

Are you interested in helping with construction too?