Shutter access 3

Down at the space now, shutter not working!!!
Fob also not registering that I have touched in ,

It is not hot so it cannot be that!

I’ve just checked on the event log it’s saying you activated the shutter controls…

That means the RFID reader, Arduino, Control Node and Membership System are all working fine.

It’s either the relays, which were checked yesterday and reportedly looked fine, or the shutter motor is worn out.

cc: @directors @systems

@lewisss I’ve notified the directors via text and also Jonathan directly.

My suggestion is to give it a really good shake in case it’s a bad connection.

Other wise it could be the buttons have been damaged by the water, you could try shorting the connections inside the first box to make it go up/down.

The outside electronics are only at 5V.

UPDATE: Looks like they’re in…

1 Like

Just got in after taking the switch apart

Reader was too far into the box.

Jonathan is here now and it is not working again

Will keep posted

3 Likes

Hi All

I spent the morning going through all the pieces. It appears that the fault was simply that the reader PCB was further from the plastic housing than previously, and Mark wasn’t able to get his fob close enough. There appears to be some issue with Chanelle’s fob (very sensitive and works only one way round.) I’m open-minded about whether we were seeing temperature-related faults on the motor or reader. All the other “faults” are explained by misinterpreting the symptoms.

• Shutter will only go up to a certain height because of a limit switch/torque switch. After that you can still hear the relays work when you press the internal switch or the external one having put a good fob.
  • Shutter will only go down to a certain point because of limit/torque switch. Shutter will not go down if the door is open, and you will not hear the relays. If shutter is at bottom you’ll hear the relays but no motor.

I don’t believe there’s anything wrong with

• the motor
  • the wiring to the motor
  • the relays
  • the relay driver board
  • the arduino
  • the software
  • the wires to the front switches
  • the front switches
  • the RFID reader per se

My sketch of the shutter controller:

Big thanks to Mark @lewisss for help testing, good humour, and coffee.

Kind regards to all,
Jonathan.

1 Like

Just to confirm that it’s limit switches that control the end stops. Everything else you seem to have forensicised…