Shop materials on SLMS website

Hi guys,

I’ve not been able to buy any material on the slms website since yesterday. Do you know if there is any issue?
When i go to the material page it results empty.
Screenshot_20220526-162330|281x500

Also this would be the first time i buy something, so… Do you know if it’s possible to pay online and pick up the material when I’ll be in the space? Or it has to be delivered at my home?

Thanks,
Federico

Hey!

You need to be logged into the main website in order to be able to see the items in the shop.

Head here first: My Account – South London Makerspace

Then here afterwards: Materials – South London Makerspace

Hi Anthony,

I’m logged in.
It is only me having this problem?

Fed

I used it a week ago and it was fine. What’s on the site is (approximately) what’s current available in the space, so you can pay for it on the page and then use it when you’re there.

Your screen shot indicates that you aren’t logged in. It’s a different login from the discourse, so make sure you click the links that Anthony posted in order.

Hi @Federico,

the shop works ONLY for retrospective? payment, i.e. you need to get the material first when you are in the space and is for use for the lasercutter work. We do not run a general material shop, just a convenience little thing under the laser computer.

I have the same issue - definitely logged in and you can see that I am on every other page of the site - but for some reason when you go to the shop it acts as though you are logged out and doesn’t show any materials. If you try to login again from there, you just get taken to another page and you try to go back to the shop, same issue in a loop.

Something’s going on – @Courty? Any ideas?

BTW I just noticed I was logged out of Discourse…no wonder it seemed so quiet these last few days(!)

3 Likes

I’ll have a look. It was working previously so interesting to see why it stopped :man_shrugging:t3:

Courty

1 Like

Just adding that I’m seeing the same issue (logged in):

No products were found matching your selection.
https://southlondonmakerspace.org/product-category/materials/

I have 2 pieces of 5mm laser acrylic to pay for that I used yesterday (2 x £15). I didn’t have cash so couldn’t leave it in the box. So until the shop is fixed I’m just logging here that I owe this.

Could you provide details of what device you are on, browser, etc and also if on a desktop device then maybe open Developer Tools to see if any obvious console errors?

I’ve never seen this problem so until we can re-produce it’s very tricky to even find out what is wrong?

Hi Steve,

In my case it happened on my phone ( chrome on android 8)

Thanks,
Fed

It’s certainly strange, I just tried again and the page has materials again now - wtf!
I tried multiple times last night whilst at the space and always got the “No products” message. Tried again a couple of times this morning whilst at home and got the same message.

Since it looks like it’s working now I’ll go ahead and pay for my materials.

If I see it again I’ll see if there are any errors in the devtools console. I’m on a Mac, Chrome 102.

@nickritchie, @Federico - is it also working for you now? Sounds like you were seeing the same thing I was

Due to people trying to buy outside of the makerspace, I set it to only allow purchases if you are logged in with your membership account. Probably this that’s stopping you purchasing.
If you are just in as Guest, it wont work

Courty

1 Like

Hi Paul,

In my case I logged with my membership account, probably there is a problem on the accounts?

Thanks,
Federico

I can’t see anything in the logs, working OK for me unfortunately. if it happens again, can you double check you are logged in and that there are no error messages etc ?

Courty

Sure! I haven’t tried again recently, but I’ll let you know if it happens again.

Thanks,
Federico

1 Like