Sharpening tuition

I’m good for Wednesday too as well as far as i am aware. :smiley:

This is great Giles. Wish I could come along, but I’ll be busy.

Just a reminder for people reading this post, all chisels and plane blades at the space must be sharpened with the veritas jig to get a primary bevel of 25 and secondary of 30 degrees, and must not be sharpened by hand.

2 Likes

Absolutely,
I am happy to do more regardless of numbers.
Sharpening is a core skill and the more people who learn the better. I will let you know when once I have a clear idea of numbers and times.

OK so we are saying Wednesday at 7.
Is that good for you?

Wednesday at 7?

Wednesday at 7?

1 Like

Wednesday at 7?

1 Like

I am doing one the week after too.
Are you going to be about?

i’m good for 7 pm Wednesday 31 May 2023

The diamond stone and the 4000 grit water stone have gone missing? I don’t remember seeing the strop either. I will ask Brian.
I have put freshly ground planer blades in the red drawer beside the drill press, I put an asterisk on the case. Tyzacks did a fantastic job as per usual.

1 Like

They’re next to the sink in the shelves holding the plastic screw boxes.

Yes, Wednesday at 7 is good for me, it’s in my calendar… :slight_smile:

I’m about every Wednesday, might join one of these too.

Wednesday @ 7pm if good for me

OK, thanks.

You can bring your sharpening stuff if you like.

1 Like

Hi,
Can you add it to the space calendar as I have forgotten how to do it and I don’t want to mess it up.
Thanks

Yes,
First Wednesday in June has three spaces.
Can you let people know about this because judging by the sharpening which transfers to the blades there are a lot of people who could benefit from some pointers.

I am going to bring my sharpening gear and I have something new which I am hoping will be an excellent product.

Hi Giles,

Yes, I’ll sort something out in the calendar tomorrow and let you know the details.

I’ll book a session in from maybe 7-9pm on Wednesday 31st with you named and a few of the names on the list. I expect we’ll need a couple of benches, yes, so we don’t need to completely block the wood-shop for any other members?

Does that sound OK?

Thanks, Steve :slight_smile:

2 Likes