Sewing machine service (Finchley)

hello, I have a Wimsew domestic sewing machine at home - does anyone know of a good place or ‘mobile’ person to do a service? (the tension is out of whack).
Thanks!

1 Like

Wimbledon Sewing are still in business, and right around the corner from me. A few yards away from Tooting Bec tube, if you can get the machine there. If not, I’m happy to drop in there and ask them for a repair service in Finchley - PM me

Incidentally, there is a sewing machine museum there open once a month, well worth a visit even if you don’t see.

2 Likes

I live nearby too - yay neighbours!

We’ve used Wimbledon Sewing Centre to service some of the space’s machines. They are very good.

2 Likes

I’ve used The Sewing Centre in Battersea for 20+ years, and rate them quite highly.
Of course, that’s nowhere near Finchley, so not sure it’s convenient for you at all.
The place in Tooting is, at least, closer to a tube station!

1 Like

Hi Elizabeth, I went into wimsew today, the don’t know of any mechanics in your area. He said they are quite hard to find these days, but you might find something on Google. If you can bring it to tooting Bec, they charge £80+ for servicing a domestic machine, more for a commercial one if that’s what you have. Call them on (0)20 8767 4724 for more details.

1 Like

Update: I got a quote for £135! You can buy a new sewing machine for that. Oh well I’ll keep looking …