Screen printing

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa4958bd3a0>

Hello!

I am really keen to get screen printing - have some experience from university but would be helpful for a refreshed - I understand the exposure unit doesnt have a safety lock at the moment but hear some people have been printing without it?

Can anybody help me out? Happy to volunteer some time towards whatever needs doing :slight_smile:

Thanks

1 Like

@silkscreentechs

also keen to get started :smiley:

Hey both @Matt_Carter & @Mimmalein! I’m away until May 12th but when I’m back, all that’s left to get us up and running is testing the exposure times on the exposure unit. I’ve not had a chance to play around with the unit yet but should be straightforward. We have an acetate test sheet made for measuring the times so if you would like to meet at some point we can try and get the space going?

Other than that we just need a new pressure washer for reclaiming screens! If anyone knows of a decent one I can buy for less than £60 seconds hands, send me a message please. Having lots of thrilling conversations with marketplace scammers at the mo :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Maybe this?

Oh it looks like that sold half an hour ago, that’s the job though for sure! I’ll take a look on eBay

I bought it - I didn’t think they would accept my offer! So we should be all set, see what you can harvest from the old one…

3 Likes

Oh beautiful! Yeah it can be kept as a backup if needed but can probably also sell for parts and repairs :grin:

Hey Peter, sounds amazing deffo keen to meet up when you’re back and get to it! Will do some power washer research too! Oh wait just seen one’s been bought - even better!

2 Likes

Hey everyone! Do you have an idea on when the next screen printing inductions will be? @silkscreentechs

1 Like

Hey Kiki, nice to meet you yesterday and thanks for your interest in the screen printing!

I’ve not got a set date just yet but looking at perhaps a week on Saturday? Would be great to run a trial induction with a group of two or three people as I’ve admittedly never run one before so feedback will be extra useful.

Would that day work for you? If a couple of @Brooker, @Mimmalein, @floftus, @Matt_Carter would be around and have the afternoon free, we can get an evening session going perhaps.

1 Like

Hi @petermakesprints - I’d absolutely love to attend. Thank you for organising!

Hello dear sir,:smiley: evenings would be good for me, Brian D=

1 Like

Hi Peter,

Would have been so keen for this but unfortunately am at a festival next weekend!

Let me know how you get on :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you need any more testers I’d be keen to help :slight_smile: I studied printmaking at uni and used to do it all the time. It’s been a wee while but with a refresher I could maybe help running future sessions if you need people?

Best for now,
S

2 Likes

Absolutely! Will get back to you on this after running a couple so I’m a bit more confident myself, but with 60+ people on the waiting list a few extra skilled hands would be very much appreciated :grin:

2 Likes