Screen printing induction

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa49842fd58>

It’s possible I’m just a bit stupid but I can’t seem to find if there’s a screen printing induction that one needs to take before using the set up. I know how to screen print in general but it’s always good to get a run through of the equipment in use.

Also, I have some larger screens and can donate one or two to Makerspace if they’re of use as I noticed that the ones already down there were quite small. Just let me know…

3 Likes

Let’s bring in the @silkscreentechs to answer that!

I’d love to try screenprinting too actually, got some ideas a brewin :slight_smile:

1 Like

The screenprinting area still needs work before it’s functional. @pip probably knows most, and I’m sure he’d be thankful of any help in getting it finished (not singling you out for that of course!)

I think there’s people meeting up this weekend to push this?

1 Like

Sign me up!
Any chance of a waiting list?

1 Like

Screen donations are welcome !

1 Like

Hey Sholto,

I think I met you a few weeks back whilst you were bringing your illustrations of Emma Willis to life on the laser cutter. If I remember rightly you were also interested in helping finish off the screenprint area, which would be a great help as you have quite some experience with printing yourself.

We welcome any screenprint related donations and building help and consultation. I’m not sure the plans for the @silkscreentechs meeting but would you be around Sat to discuss how to complete the area if this is the right meet up day?

Apologies I started to write up a introduction document with recommendations for mixing, best practice etc. I had got sidetracked so will aim to have it finished before Saturday and would be a could opportunity to see if there needs to be any added or taken away.

Cheers

1 Like

That’s great Chanelle, thanks for setting up to go. What’s missing to go forward? Screen printing is one main reason I joined Makerspace and I would love this to blossom soon. Can I help in any way? I got my designs ready🤗

I have no experience of screen printing to offer but can build, paint, help etc, if I can do it I will. Very exciting to have this Up n Running, we’ve got a good professional table, we’re lucky☺

Hi chanelle it was me you met. Unfortunately my brother is over this weekend and we’re out on Saturday. I’m happy to get involved if I can though. And I’ll bring down a bigger screen or two for the space. I should be around next week if that’s any use…

1 Like

Hey, that’s great, your donations are happily received, big Thank You. Great you can add your knowledge too. Screen’s Up hey😊

Thank’s Jackie. The complete setup is a result of the long standing silkscreen techs and various other members including yourself.

I think the tech’s will meet make some final decisions and then much like build the space day ask for support to complete the final stage once that those decisions have been made.

1 Like

No worries. Will ask @silkscreentechs to be in touch, re donations and involvement.

Cheers

That’s a good plan Chanelle, thanks for keeping us up to date. I guess from now on pull us together and be bossy, delegate jobs! You know whats needed. Post those things, other members can help you too.