Saturday 9th Arches, Outer space, Alley and BBQ o'clock meet up

I’ll be there around 2ish

2 Likes

How enjoyable was this today?? So much work has been done by everyone there, I’m so happy to be part of this. Thanks! *

Anyone has any photos?

Namely
@Des_Dax
@marialilokyee
@antonyoneill
@PReardon
@Dermot
@ClemJ
@tomba
@Kyle
@Julia
@Conrad
@Amanda
@smjmaker
@Chri_s

I don’t know tags of a couple of people!

5 Likes

Yeah, a great day, good mix of doing some stuff and social…

thanks @petra for arranging and doing all the grub with @Conrad and @Des_Dax (I think yes?) for the cake! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks for organising! Was great to meet a bunch of you in person.

I’m afraid the only photo I took was a “before osmo” shot of part of the door frame…

I forgot to take an after :laughing:

4 Likes

Thanks for organising, I had a great day!
@Des_Dax the vegan cake is so delicious!
I didn’t take many photos, mainly some close-up shots of the solar panel and the “lost in space” sheet…
Here is the link of the editable sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EX4KQ8MyTL9ATNOYTRzYV1J0PDNmEYXDCwQ5HxywEGw/edit?usp=sharing

4 Likes

Yes! I baked the cake :slight_smile:
Here’s the recipe for it for anyone who’d like to bake it themselves. https://lovingitvegan.com/vegan-victoria-sponge
I used oatly organic for the milk
Vitalite spreadable butter
Organic cyder vinegar, organic rapeseed oil from sainsburys
Everything on that blog is amazingly good :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for the amazingly delicious bbq’d food, and thanks for the great day everyone! I’m looking forward to the next.

5 Likes

Hi Petra

I wondered if there are any laser ply wood that has yet to be cut. I’m looking for pieces that are just under 700 x 400 x2. Let me know if we have any as I would like to buy and it would save me the hassle of arranging a delivery. Thanks so much.

Cheers

photo

Chanelle Joseph
Leather designer / Educator, Studio Nelle

https://www.studionelle.com/

Img New workshops available in our Stratford studio Book here
Create your own email signature

1 Like

Hi Chanelle,

I actually look after the laser shop supplies so if you let me know exactly what you need to be replenished then I’ll do an order very soon.

At the moment it seems that 2mm, 3mm and 4mm ply are the most used and some have run out so I can order.

We obviously like to make a decent sized order to minimise delivery costs so let me know what you’re looking for and we can work something out…

I also found a batch of ply in the snug which seem to be OK but nobody has replied to my message to see if anyone know the origins of them so not sure they are definitely laser grade ply, if I can work out if they are then all good, they appear to be cut to size for the laser cutter so I’m fairly confident they are usable but will confirm…

By the way, not quite sure why you replied to this thread for this? It would be better to simply start a new message to @lasertechs

Thanks, Steve

2 Likes

If you burn one on a bonfire and see the flame green, it is totally not laser grade. And probably shouldn’t have put it in a bonfire either. It’s like a witch-hunt sadly.

1 Like

Chanelle is after 2mm thick 400*700mm ish, do you remember seeing any? I’ve not been to the space in weeks, so cannot tell!

Petra this cracked me up

1 Like

No, not seen any 2mm for a while, I’l place an order today…

So if it doesn’t burn green then we are ok to use it in the laser cutter yes? lol :wink:

What if it floats? Burn it anyway?

1 Like

if it floats, it must be a duck.

3 Likes