I had noticed quite a few of the quick clamps in the wood shop were missing their rubber feet, its kind of annoying as they don’t work that well without them.
I thought it would be a fun project to try and make some replacements!
I did some modelling in fusion.
Then 3d printed a four pad mould on the bambu.
Then used this 2 part polyurethane rubber compound to make some pads.
I tested a couple of them out and they seem to work pretty well.
So I made up around 24 of them which should be enough to replace all of the missing pads with a couple of spares!
Ill fit them to the clamps next time Im down.
Im not entirely sure how durable the compound I used will end up being, it seems pretty tough. I have the moulds so I can try something different if they dont stand the test of time.