Router table/Tormek help

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa4943ec958>

Hi everyone, is anyone likely to be around this weekend who could help me with using the router table to cut some ovolo patterns into what will be a sash window frame please?

Separately, if anyone’s able to give me a quick recap on how to use the Tormek sharpener for the wood lathe tools either this weekend or some other time that would be really helpful - I can mostly remember what to do so just need some pointers.

I also had a quick glance at the collection of router bits in the space and don’t think there was one for doing the pattern I needed so was going to buy this one, but wasn’t sure if I needed a 1/2" or 1/4" shank for it to work with the router table?

Router table is the same as the big handheld… 1/2”

Heres the tool page - has the model, but we should add the size in there!

1 Like

Thank you! I saw some older discourse posts which made me think it probably was 1/2" but wanted to check that was definitely the case

1 Like

i’ll be around saturday, probably morning through early afternoon and i can talk you through the tormek.

1 Like

as for the router table, probably want to talk to @woodtechs

1 Like

I will be out of town this weekend unfortunately - anyone signed off on the router table willing to help?

We have all the blades for shash windows for the spindle. If the woodtec are ok I can walk you through it

2 Likes

Thanks @DuncanK @joeatkin2, excellent news on the sash bits too. Will you be around on Saturday too Joe?

1 Like

A-ok with that!

1 Like

Would also like to sit in on the router table if possible, have been shown the small handheld 1/4 inch but not the table.

Hi Duncan, I’m slightly later making it down than anticipated. Are you still here?

I have left, unfortunately.

If you look in the box underneath there’s a guidebook called something like ‘sharpening wood turning tools the tormek way’. That has everything you need, but if you want a visual guide look up the videos on Tormek’s youtube. Here’s their roughing gouge one: https://youtu.be/cXvMLvGADQk?si=s-KrN2INH5kewmME

Make sure you give it plenty of water, if the stone doesn’t carry a continuous stream of liquid it’s thirsty!

Thanks Duncan, I’ll have a look.

@joeatkin2 will you be around this afternoon at all?

@charles I’m hopefully getting the adaptor jig to turn the handheld router into a table in a few hours from @lewisss, would that work on the windows or are they a bigger job?

I’m cutting some rebates for a picture frame