Rotary attachment question

Hello @lasertechs and @lasers - I want to laser etch onto dowel approx the diameter of a broom handle, possibly slightly smaller. Is this possible with the rotary attachment? is there a size limit to the smallest item it can handle?
Thanks
Gawain

It will def do broom handle thickness - my standard tubes to cut on that are 19mm diameter (use the pinchy wheels not the cone attachment) and Ive done 15mm before.

Things to watch are that you will get close enough to hit the rh pinch wheel bolt with the laser head so be careful where you’re planning to engrave.

1 Like

There was a member last year who did a load of drum sticks…

Courty

1 Like

That just gave me an idea. Perhaps when at least 1 member has ‘cracked’ something like rotary engraving or laser cutting ink stamps, they could hold at least 1 mini-workshop/‘master-class’ to share the skill(s)?

Obviously only open to those already inducted on the equipment.

Perhaps it could be organised or structured in some way, like inductions?

1 Like

That was me

4 Likes

I wasn’t going to name names but I do remember they came out really well !

Courty

1 Like

thanks everyone - that’s really very helpful.
@petra would you be able to show me how it works sometime please?
:slight_smile:

Me too please!

1 Like

Sure.

1 Like

And me

And me :raising_hand_woman:t2:

1 Like

I will do a session on rotary engraving glasses, early Nov. As I am travelling until then! Cheers!

5 Likes

I would be interested in that. Count me in!

+1 for rotary induction

1 Like

Hi All!

As promised, Petra and I will be running a Rotary Attachment tutorial session for those that are interested in learning how to use it:

Tuesday, December 10 - 18:00-20:00

I will also cover some details on how to properly engrave glasses.

No need to sign up - just show up!
See you then!
Andy

3 Likes

Thanks! Could I bring a small wooden cylindrical bowl, to laser a couple of letters on the side?

1 Like

As long as it fits in the attachment… bring it along and we will give it a go!

1 Like