Qidi X-max up and running

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa497016c68>

Hi All,

The Qidi X-Max is now up and running with a new build plate and a new cross bar as a spool holder. If you are all getting familiar with the new slicers, the x-max and the Bambu are both easily configured in Orca slicer, This is loaded onto the machine at the space.

We can look into giving this a wide diameter nozzle given its print volume as high detail is well enough coved by the x1. PLA only please as we don’t have the top cover.

Happy Printing!

Sam

11 Likes

Awesome! Thank you Sam!

Nice, thanks Sam!

you will need to include compensation for horizontal expansion in the first few layers for this. Its not the most accurate of machines but we can look at klippering it when we move it into its final home.

1 Like

Hey Sam,

Just checking but I couldn’t find the PSU for the X-Max printer? Is it somewhere specific? Just checked on the side, it shows it should get 24VDC, but the plug at the back is a standard IEC C13 (kettle plug) so I’m worried to put the wrong cable/voltage into it :slight_smile:

Also, not sure there is a page for it yet, happy to help if not, got some free time these days :slight_smile:

Also not sure what is happening related to where will all of this move/be consolidated later on as printers are not across the whole room but here again, happy to help if there is a plan already in place or some thoughts on the situation!

This came with just the kettle butter plug and no transformer. We t was working fine with just the kettle lead for it as I think the transformer might be in the machine.

In terms of location this is going to have to float about untill the 3D area is cleared and we have chance to measure up and put in some shelving. Be careful moving it as it is pretty heavy.

I thought I had started a tool page for this already, let me have a look for thi and I will get back to you

1 Like

@3dtechs do you know if anyone’s successfully used this since August?

I tried it today and unless I’m doing something really wrong it seems to be struggling to load any filament, sometimes it makes a clicking sound but it still feels stuck.

Maybe something’s clogged inside but I don’t know how to check it (let alone fix it).

Clicking is an extruder issue normally blocked or jammed. I’ll be down to morrow and have a look.

2 Likes

Found the issue. Should be fixed soon. Always the downside of direct drive I’ve had to disassemble the whole tool head

1 Like

It was all thanks to this little bit

4 Likes

Thanks Sam, it wasn’t really urgent from my side but it’s helpful to have multiple printers available to do things in parallel, so I appreciate having it fixed :slight_smile:

1 Like

All ok printing fine. Replaced the Bowden tube as well.

2 Likes