Proposed (confirmed!) use of Makerspace for AstroPi Autism and Tourettes friendly sessions

2 Ordered !

Courty

2 Likes

All set for tomorrow, the 2 x AstroHats have arrived and I’ll be in the space to open up etc.

I do however have a stinker of a cold. While I’ll be ok tomorrow, any help / assistance would be appreciated… anyone else planning to be there ?

Courty

1 Like

Anyone with a bit of Python knowledge, and possibly familiar with RasPi with a bit of time to help out tomorrow? From 1:45 to 3:30…

@emuboy and @peter_hellyer and @joeatkin2 expressed an interest earlier in the thread.

I’ll pop along an help setup at the beginning, though the place is likely in quite good nick.

1 Like

Sam’s coming for a bit at least - she’s been in touch with Grace directly.

She’s not a member so can’t open or close up.

2 Likes

Tomorrow? Great. Yes, grace said she’d met you at MosFest.

I can’t tomorrow , sorry about that , and I generally apologize for the lack of communication , I’m going to sort out my notifications for discourse and I will try to be more active and present for the space in the future…

1 Like

I’ve seen the photos and feedback of the success of this group at Maker Space on twitter, this is such an important part of supporting the kids and the community. This is what’s life’s all about. Life means nothing without giving. Maker Space are doing well beyond their doors, I love it.

2 Likes

Tomorrow’s session is on!

I can’t be there but @RichM and Sam will be there.

I printed some signs to go on our signs out in the street…but they probably need reprinting as they either disappeared or were taken down for open evening (and then disappeared).

Have a great session!

Hi Guys, not going to be able to make it today. I’m in Bournemouth and not returning now until tomorrow… I’m sure you will have good fun today with Sam in the driving seat!
I still want to look at doing a general Rasp Jam in the space so will catch up with you all later… good coding,
Courty

1 Like

@Courty where are the AstroPi sensor hats?

On top of the electronics benchs in a RS envelop.

Courty

1 Like

Just finished the last of these sessions - for now!

Another excellent afternoon with some fabulous kids who seemed so at home in the space.

Grace and Femi left us a card and some chocolates to say thank you - I’ve left them in the kitchen so help yourselves.

5 Likes

I think we should look at having more of this!

Let’s have a look at what works for all of us.

2 Likes

I knew the chocolates would sway you…

2 Likes

There was definitely enthusiasm today for more of the same.

Plus quite a lot of enthusiasm for some kind of introduction to Arduino workshop - @Courty?

3 Likes

Personally I’m strongly in favour of us doing what we can to support events like this.

However I’m bound to keep us on our primary purpose which is a space for making for our members.

I reckon we’ll do more though!

3 Likes

But they are our future members

2 Likes

They certainly are!

2 Likes

So…Grace has asked about one more session to get the submission together.

Sunday 26th February. Any objections?

@RichM you know about this? And are you available, or are we looking for hosts?

4 Likes

I can cover it, and Sammy will do all the work!

3 Likes