Proposed (Confirmed!) event: Time to Talk Day Thursday 2nd February 2017

I’ve have all notifications turned for months now and just check regularly. The volume of notification emails because I posted something that got a reply or what ever other reason ended up in dozens of emails which I didn’t need because I check the site anyway.

My email settings:

Giving this important thread a bump!

All sounds really great! Would love to come along / help out in any way possible :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ll order some promotional material.

If you have a look at the link there are plenty of activity suggestions such as craftercise - change the way we think and act about mental health using a craft activity. People snap, use people and you feelings to get a snap like the card game. Lunch and learn about mental health and each other. That’s just some of Mind’s suggestions.

We could consider inviting a local community group also?

I was going to ask to put it on the agenda for the next members meeting but I think we are not having one in December? And 3rd week of January when the following members meeting is might be too late so maybe we could have a meeting just for this for those interested?

1 Like

Yes. I think there’s strong support so let’s put it in the calendar, and meet soon to plan it.

1 Like

How about a meeting in the new year…4th Jan or one day that week?

1 Like

Yes, who’s around on 4th?

I’d be up for the 4th.

I’m free on the 4th.

depending on the time i could probably
do the 4th

I shall also try and come along :slight_smile:

Yes yes

Will this be in the evening?

Would need to be in the evening for me: but remember it’s open evening that night too.

Happy to come along if it’s not too late.

Turns out a friend of mine works on the Time to Change project, so just had a good conversation with her. She was very pleased to hear we wanted to run an event.

Having an “evening involving high use of the kettle and biscuits and a craft activity” (to quote Beth) might be the thing to look at.

We’ll need volunteers on the day, social media, posters and other stuff.

Time to talk webpage

The 49 page tool kit- does someone want to volunteer to read this and dig out the salient points?

To register our event we might want to consider asking a Time to Change Champion to join us to guide our first event?

Some resources for people with mental health experience

1 Like

I printed off some material from the tool kit page I can bring them along to review etc.

2 Likes

What time is good for everyone? 7pm before opening evening kicks off?