Proposal: remove non functional chest of drawers under the electronics benches

The chest of drawers under the electronics benches it’s becaming more and more un used, mostly because the sliders of the drawers are hard to open and there are no handles to open them. I propose to dismatle it and use a cheap ikea like drawer (like the one that magically appeared recenlty) to save space.

1 Like

I thought it just needed some drawer fronts?

They need complete rethinking, they are too deep (you can’t open the drawers if someone is sitting at the table on the other side) and the entire thing it’s huge, tthe drawers are wonky and the rails are damaged.

1 Like

Then it’s totally up to you @electrotechs – do what you think is best…be good if this was was reused/repurposed

I agree, I really don’t want to get it wasted but we can’t affor the space at the benches.

will be useful in the new arch, I guess!

1 Like

Therein lies the danger! However: it does have a tool chest sort of format…in the meantime we’re painfully short of storage (but snug clearout is imminent…)

1 Like

Any from @lasertechs, @woodtechs, @lasertechs @3dtechs @metaltechs have an use for it?

1 Like

Or we could fix it…?

Fixing it would be good no matter what we do with it. @woodtechs can you take it on as a project with a small budget if needed? It was made by a member and just needs sorting. We can decide on where it lives after that.

Courty

Thanks for your support, and you are right, I could take the decision myself but I belive that my freedom finishes when someone’s else freedom start and that’s why I’m happy to compromise :slight_smile:

1 Like

Was make by the community, we tried, it didn’t work, we discuss about change it.

Anyway, we are going off topic here…

1 Like