I would like to propose we buy one of these drop front wheelie bins. They are £342inc vat.
We could get the one with manual lock. (A standard generic key used by contractors / members to open - leaves bin locked for passers by)
They come in RED!
Since the dawn of time we have had a slight problem with leaving piles of rubbish out front.
We have tried a few solutions. Two normal wheelie bins worked for a while. But back then we had 90 members.
We’ve got 300 and growing now and we are producing a lot more rubbish these days.
Our current solution (based on the needs of our contractor) is to pack bags of rubbish and then leave them outside for collection. We use two small wheelie bins but they quickly get full and lead to mess and then “fly tipping”.
- Keep the current contractor.
- Keep the ability to have recycled and “normal” waste.
- Store the waste in the new drop front wheelie bin which the contractor can empty easily by hand because the bin has a drop front.
- Gain the ability to store rubbish for collection in a tidy way.
- Avoid people “adding” their rubbish to ours. Passers by chucking litter etc.
- Make the space tidier for everyone
- Avoid having to do ‘clean ups’ every few months where the contractor refuses to take stuff away because it’s piled up and mixed with other peoples rubbish
- Reduction in attracting rats to the space
- Reduction in spilt bags caused by foxes etc foraging first food in our bins.
- Take them with us when we move house
Please +1 if you like the idea.