Pledge drive Blackstone Silicone Stone

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa49936ccd0>

This stone sounds like more suitable for our needs in wood turning. It removes material a smidge faster so those critical to spending ages on it after someone buggers a thing - here is the solution.

Add your name and £ here if you want our Hub of woodturning live up to it’s name.

@petra - £25
@PReardon £25
@DuncanK - £25
@Gawain - £25
@Christian - £25
@TheBassman - £25
@FrancisRJ - £25
@john.w £10

1 Like

@turners

Only £125 to go :joy:

1 Like

This is great news.

3 Likes

I’m also skeptical that it’ll make much difference.

Everything I’d need to make grinding better (just a good platform, really) can fit into monthly expenses, so I’m for experimenting.

1 Like

The spare grinder and the gutted dead cold body of tormek 2000 could be used together (by techs and people with some years experience). It preserves the angles and everything!

I was concerned that aluminium might not hold up as well to heat, but tormek actually supply an adapter set for their jigs: https://tormek.com/en/products/accessories/bgm-100-bench-grinder-mounting-set

Get out of here, that is what we always needed to make Giles happy. Can we buy it ? 87£ could be in budget for the next couple of months!

If you got that and paired it with a grinder it would probably work.
The adapter for Tormek jigs on one side and a platform on the other.

1 Like

You should try a platform anyway.
I can bring my grinder at some point.

green light from me too.

any considerations about fire risks from sparks?

@giles yes please.

Well, there is some risk obviously but I haven’t had any problems.
Cleaning the area of dust etc is sufficient.
I will see if anyone else is interested in new year.

£75 to go!

1 Like

I don’t fully understand but I trust you and I like sharpening things. I’ve thrown my £25 in the ring

3 Likes

It removes more material quicker so when a gouge needs a lot of removal, you won’t spend so much time on it.

1 Like

£50 to go!
Edit: back at £75 to go
Edit: £50 to go!

2 Likes

This could be a happy compromise for all , variable speed bench grinder

https://www.zoro.co.uk/shop/tools-and-machining/bench-grinders-and-accessories/bench-grinder-200mm-variable-speed/p/ZT1224749P

Well be getting a the Tormek grinder attachment for techs to use to re-hrind buggered tools, all those things together will be great to tackle diverse situations by different skill levels. Get it!

@TheBassman - £25

4 Likes

Wowza, 25 to go !

1 Like