Please , do not hoard materials if you don't need them

Dear @members.

I love you all, you know that, right?

But if someone is kind enough to leave 9 raspberry pi zero in the drawer and after a week all of them goes , that gets suspicious.

I really struggle to think that 9 different people started a project in the last 2 week and they desperately need a £4 component like the raspberry pi zero ( without wifi!) and were unable to buy one in time.

Please , think about the stocks as “if you don’t need it , don’t take it”

This helps people who can’t really afford to pay the free components and helps you to stop filling your house with unfinished or unstarted projects.

Anyhow, there is a honesty box near the electronics components now , I’m sure everyone will be happy to use it.

If you took something before the box and you are happy to leave some money in , that would make us @electrotechs happy too .

If you have unused material and you want to exchange it (as a fair , honest , exchange) or donate it , fell free to act.

with Love.

Andrea.

6 Likes

For clarification, are you saying there were 9 Pi Zeros in the Electronics Shop that have been taken this week?

Yes there were 9 last thursday ,

now there are … ( •_•)>⌐■-■ / (⌐■_■), Zero.

1 Like

And no money in the box to make up for this?

Nope.

This isnt a good look, Agreed.

yeah, ummm… i have some nice additional items i would add but im not enthused by the empty money box.

so far only brian and andy have paid for components, directly to me prior to the box existing. (no pi zeros however)

ive ordered some parts for brian because i know he can be trusted, but otherwise im a bit concerned and appreciate andrea raising this thread.

1 Like

lets keep an eye on things, and if the situation doesnt improve, we’ll need to put our finest thinking fedoras on and come up with another solution.

2 Likes

Where did these PiZeroes come from?

And, for clarity: I don’t expect many members know about the ‘electronics shop’ yet: up to now there’s never been an issue with using whatever parts are in the drawers, although using a bunch of relatively costly gear would make most people stop and think whether a donation was in order

1 Like

@electronoob donated them.

But , @Dermot , don’t get me wrong , a donation is a donation, everyone is invited to take part to it .

My point is about , sometimes people bring cake to my office, everyone take a slice , or half, if not enough for all 20 of us , reasonable people would live the cake if they don’t want it or a small portion on it .

Not reasonable people would take the cake slice home or , worse, take more slices of it .

And this is not about the Raspberry pi (cake) . Is about shared resources.

1 Like

Agree with this - is it clearly signed/are the pi’s labelled?

Ah…I get it: people seeing nice stuff and hoarding it away from the Space? Yeah, not cool

could i suggest a price list laser cut to go next to the drawers or each drawer have a price on the drawer?

more work i know but it would have stopped this happening… i think the worst part of the situation is whoever took them did not let one of the @electrotechs know there was none left so they can be replaced

2 Likes

I would have thought if one knew enough to use something from there they could have checked on ebay/digikey to get a ballpark figure.

All that said. I will get around to it.

In fact I will have a crack at it right now.

1 Like

5 Likes

That’s a bit of a overkill.

1 Like

at least i’m doing something.

3 Likes

Sorry , that came across I the wrong way , I found it amusing :slight_smile:

1 Like

nice to see some pizero and money appearing.

slms members rock <3

1 Like