Planer thicknesser out of action - waiting on blades

@woodtechs can anyone enlighten me on what the situation is with the planer thicknesser, we had 3 sets of blades, and now there are no blades in the machine!!

The current set that was in the machine is getting sharpened at Shaws, Steve took it in a week ago, another set is at Tyzaks, which Giles took in on Friday last week and you have the third set if I’m not mistaken. Not sure when they’ll be done though, but once they done, we’ll update this post.

Hopefully not much longer now.

Blades came back yesterday Joe had them last in the space. I was going to get a tutorial on how to fit them but if there is a rush that can wait.

I took the other sets from the planer yesterday to get sharpened Ryan said they all need doing

2 Likes

If they get fitted, we can always take them out and put them back in again. There some minor adjustments we need to make to the overall machine anyway, which we’ll require the blades to come off again to realign.

Thanks for getting the blades done.

2 Likes

Yep the blades should be aligned to the holder/drum only and the machine should be adjusted around that.
I will be in on Thursday to fit them

1 Like