Planer/thicknesser induction

Hi @woodtechs @Wood-inductors

I’ve done the assessment for the planer thicknesser. I’ll be in the space today, and back on Tuesday. Is someone available to give me the induction?

Also aiming to do the table saw and router ones by Tuesday.

I maybe in on Tuesday as long as I get all my work done on Monday.

1 Like

Won’t be back until early November but if you don’t get sorted until then glad to take you through it.

As an aside, any of you know how many sharpened blades we have left? They’re in green plastic containers in the red tool chest by the gorilla/sink

I’ll check on Tuesday if someone doesn’t before then.

I know @plietar was using the p/t today and noticed the in feed and out feed were not co-planar. So that will need looking at too. Maybe you could take a look on Tuesday @lewisss?

In which way? Twisted or leaning back/forward?

Twisting I believe

1 Like

Later after talking to @Janoche I had another look at the jointer and I couldn’t find any evidence of the tables not being co-planar anymore. So it might not be that, whatever it was, something is definitely off as I can feel my board rocking as I move the pressure from one table to the other, and the board comes out very much wedged. Possibly the blades aren’t flush with the outfeed, I did not think to look for that. In any case I’ve refrained from touching any knobs on the outfeed since I didn’t want to risk messing it up even more.

I’ll be back tomorrow evening, I can have a look at the height of the blade if no one else gets to it first.

Absolutely, the outfeed table should only ever be touched by @woodtechs

I’ve done the assessments for planer/thicknesser, table saw, router and router table. Happy to prioritise based on what time you have available tomorrow @lewisss. I am running a basic woodshop induction 7-9pm but will be at the space from 6pm. Can turn up a bit before 6 if that’s any better and/or stay after 9.

Change of plan, I cannot make Tuesday but will be in later today about 14:30- 18:30

I may be able to make it for about 5:15/5:30 today. Will post here if that slips.