Photography equipment

Hey all, anyone know if the screen and lights are still down the space at all? If so, any ideas where they’ll be? Cheers.

There a box top shelf in the snug, second set of right angle shelves. That should have most of the gear

Although I saw two tripods for lights by the social area last week

@StudioNelle might know?

EDIT: not sure where the screen is…and maybe those tripods were for a screen #notthathelpful

1 Like

Thank you. Will await an update. Think last I saw it @StudioNelle was having a photo shoot, so hopefully it’s still knocking about.

No clue sorry. I inquired about this nearly a year ago following the big clear out.

I’m not sure what photo shoot you are referring to? It’s been missing for about a year. If you are referencing a day when I also tried to help you on the laser cutter and your partner was also present, that was our equipment not the spaces.

Okay, I thought we’d traced most of the gear…we really need to label everything

Now…if only we knew where the label maker(s) went to

Maybe it would be useful to get some proper branded asset labels made up for Makerspace assets?

Yes, and also to identify loaned gear

A large part of the issue can be people not knowing what an item is…a classic for this is the projection screen weight – which has been rescued at least twice, and the photography backdrops ended up in textiles during the Spring clean IIRC, so clear labelling would have helped both

That’s the day. Didn’t realise that was your equipment. Wrongly assumed that was the space gear. In that case I’m not sure I’ve ever seen the space stuff. What did we have? Mainly just need a screen and a couple of lights. A tripod would be handy if there was one knocking about.

1 Like

Ended up in textiles…as in cut up and sewn into other projects, or just that’s where they are now?

We rescued it from textiles

Most of the gear should be in the snug… definitely the first place to look

1 Like

What about putting a QR code onto each label which you can scan to tell you what it is as a link into the Discourse page for that item.

We’ve recently purchased a Brother P-Touch PT-900W and it can do 36mm wide labels onto a long life tape like the Dymo printer the space has. The great thing about these over paper labels is they’re really durable they don’t fade or anything like that, and they are much more sticky than the Dymo labels and tape we’ve used at work before.

If it was useful someone could come to use it if they buy the tape as the machine is relatively expensive.

2 Likes

I’ve found a bunch of it. Now just inside the snug by the first shelf on the right as you go in

Light box is in a dark case

Box contains green screen, white backdrop, two LED lights…some extra backgrounds for the lightbox

There are two tripods for the large backdrops, but I can’t see the cross piece for it…a bit of timber would stand-in

Yep…we need clear labelling. I can bring my label maker in…but I want it back again!

2 Likes

You, sir, are a legend :+1:
Exactly what I needed. Green screen and all. Doing a photo shoot with the little’un and his new cousin, so will come in handy!
Thanks again.

1 Like