Photography and filming at the festival

@directors could you please let me know what the policy is on privacy and being photographed and filmed at the festival?

I need to know before we can plan for our 3 volunteers and to make sure what I say is correct and I cant say anything until you tell me.

Last year we just made sure not to photograph children but everyone else was fair game. We made it public knowledge that there would be photography taking place. Maybe we can offer a red sticker to those who wish not to be photographed, or faces blurred.

Good idea but I still need this said by the @directors :slight_smile: so I have a clear decision to work with

Thanks @danielbenton!

I actually don’t know if we have any more than that, will dig a bit…

Clear signage and as @danielbenton says re children etc. is the right way to do it. There’s no need to get individual release forms signed or anything like that. That’s so even if we were filming a mega budget tv commercial. It’s our event and venue. Douglas v Hello! etc. isn’t applicable. Save yourself going down rabbit holes on that.

1 Like

Please post a notice at the doors (mentioning folks can contact directors to withdraw consent), snap a photo of the posted notice, and don’t photograph children.

1 Like

perfect thanks