Pause membership

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa49ab2bc68>

Hello,

I joined on the 4th of September but I am yet to be able to use my membership as I’m waiting for an induction to the wood workshop.

Is it possible to pause my membership till the day of the induction?

Many thanks

Nina

Hi Nina,

Apologies for this, but we have done our best to make it uber clear that because we are a 100% member owned non-profit and completely volunteer run it takes 1-3 months to get into the wood workshop. Other workshops charge more than what we charge per month for just 1 day of access.

See the join us page: https://southlondonmakerspace.org/join/

Example: https://bloqslondon.com/discover-bloqs/woodworking/

The only way to get into the workshops faster is to volunteer time / energy to help in that area and Techs are often reciprocal in getting you onto inductions as quickly as possible.

Thanks for your understanding!
Best,
Andy

2 Likes

Nina,
Come into the workshop and talk to the woodtechs, if you have a project ready to go you will be able to get inducted quickly

1 Like

Hi Mark and Andy

Thank you for getting back to me. How do I get in touch with the wood techs, I don’t know who they are. I do have a project ready to go!

What day can I come and how do I contact and who do I contact?

On the open day I did ask how long the wait for the induction was and I was told not long. This is why I brought this up.

You can @woodtechs to get their attention here. But I do think @lewisss is one of them!

1 Like

The queue for the induction is long 100+
But the wait for inductions is relatively short.
Everyone on that list has been notified when inductions take place if they read discourse.
And when an induction is posted the members that reply are normally from the bottom of the list like yourself.

We are a volunteer organisation so please bear with us
But if new members come into the space and talk to the other woodworkers and find the woodtechs you will get the induction pretty quickly.

I am the old bald grumpy guy. Will normally be sharpening tools to avoid getting started on a project.
Been told I look like Mike from breaking bad.
Max is normally there during week days making incredible furniture out of ash , (American with dark curly hair)
And Juliette, again normally during the day making fantastic furniture (sometimes with veneer)
Juliette is French and one of the few people in the woodshop who wears a carpenter’s apron.

I am in this Sunday from about 15:30 and will be happy to talk you through your project and see if we can sort you out.

Thanks Mark! Maybe I’m missing the notifications. Where on Discourse should I look for updates? I’m also happy to come in and see you, are you planning on coming in next weekend at all? I don’t think I can make it this Sunday.

Otherwise if not I will just pop in on a free day and see if Juliette or Max are about…

Have a good evening