Overlocker Needle

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa4996450d8>

Hi @textilestechs

I’m afraid I’ve broken the overlocker needle in the Janome 8002DX. I can’t see any other needles for it in the needles drawer. Machine says “Use only HA-1SP Needle #11-14” The needle has “Origin 75/11” engraved on it.

Happy to order replacements if there are none in the space. Apologies if I did something wrong that caused this! I was practising on very very thin fabric…

Overlocking Sewing Machine - Janome 8002DX - Tools - Discourse – South London Makerspace

Thanks

Hi - you can use standard sewing machine needles. You should see a pack there which is size 75. (or they may be 80s which are close enough)

I think that HA-1SP Needle #11-14 - is just Janome brand.

We’ve had quite a lot of broken needles in the overlocker recently - they should not be that easy to break. How did it break? Is it hitting something on the machine itself?

1 Like

Ill be in tomorrow so will check it out :slight_smile:

1 Like

I had meant to take a picture but forgot! The needle had snapped about 8mm from the tip.

I noticed it when reaching the end of a seam. I wonder if I had been pulling the work off too hard?

That may be it - you shouldn’t pull the work at all, you should let the machine carry on stitching a chain until it’s long enough for you to cut off.

:disappointed: then I definitely broke it. Sorry, I’ll be more careful next time

Consider yourself told off! :rofl:
I blame anyone who might have shown you how to use it … Oh wait, wasn’t that me!:rofl:

1 Like

It’s not your fault, I think they smell fear.

2 Likes