Open night

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa495dd9eb0>

Hi all,

I just went to a general open night and was hoping to come up to the electronics open night to get some advice/ guidance. I am doing a practice-based PhD at Greenwich Uni in Music and Sound Arts. I was originally supposed to go to Ghana to participate in a collaboration with the Agbogbloshie Makerspace Platform to see if we could build microphones and speakers out of scrap material. However, I do not think they are in operation anymore so I was hoping to see if anyone was up for a collaborative project in helping to do this here - though willing to purchase new components online for the space / stock with piezo’s etc etc to learn. I have some schematics online and know what materials I would need but I am afraid I am a novice when it comes to the actual making (not a great solderer) . I am a sound recordist and my skills are in digital audio workstations, mixing, spatial audio, and composition from field recording www.chrissciacca.com I know that’s digital but maybe a knowledge exchange could take place or if anyone would like to attempt this with me as a project I would be over the moon. I used to be in noise bands as well so happy to make some grotty sounding stuff - nothing super technical - that people could keep. If there is I could come up to the space to discuss further as I live in Brighton currently. Cheers!

Welcome Chris!

We do a weekly electronics night on Thursdays where people work on projects and help each other out, so might be worth checking that out I am sure you could at least get some tips to help with your project.

Cheers,
Andy

Hi Andy, is there an electronics evening happening tonight? And if so is it open to all?

and hello Chris! I am proficient at soldering & also a sound recordist so perhaps will be able to help

1 Like

@Rob_p, Yes! It is happening, and open to non-members just come by at 7ish…

Cheers,
Andy

Amazing, see you later

1 Like

Hi Andy,

Great, thanks - I will be planning on coming up next week.

Cheers,
Chris

1 Like