Open Evening

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa497027400>

Have you been lurking on Discourse for a while?, been curious to come and check out the space in person??

Open Evening is back!

Come by the space and get a tour, see the tools, meet some Makers, eat some biscuits and ask any questions you may have!

Date: Wednesday, January 19, 2022
Time: 7pm - 9pm (drop in anytime)
Arch 1129, 41 Norwood Road,
London, SE24 9AJ

It is in the railway arches, behind the Costcutter, next to Canopy Brewing…

Masks required for tours, optional outside in outer space where we can do Q&A and have biscuits! We will also have the air filters running.

See you then!

4 Likes

Looking forward to this.

1 Like

I’m also looking forward this this :smiley:

Hey sorry about this but may i ask if there is any place around there to park a car?
It would just be easyer for me to get there by car tather than local transport but it’s fine either way.

There is street parking that I believe is free after 2pm right outside the space on Norwood road.

1 Like

Looking forward to it!
Lily

Free after 7pm on Norwood Road I think, and plenty of free parking on local residential streets from earlier

2 Likes

Sadly I’m not feeling 100% today so I’m going to skip so I don’t put anyone at risk. I hope to make it to the next open day!

3 Likes

Hey guys i was there this evening thank you for having me it was really nice to see the space and meed some of the members. I hope i get to work with some of you guys on some projects in the future.

Thank you again.

2 Likes

Hi,

Thanks very much for the tour last night - great to see the space in reality, very exciting to see the new arch and hear the plans.

Quick question - I spotted this in the new space - looks like a piece of v slot incl a ruler and I’ve been looking for that for a while (I was about to make my own with some measuring tape). is that a bespoke creation? Or could I buy a piece somewhere, and if so could any one tell me where they got it from?

Thanks again

I

3 Likes

@lewisss can explain!

1 Like

Incredible Space!

@Kyle Thank you for giving the tour! Looking forward to the CNC in the new arch being up and running.

1 Like

It was great meeting you! I’m excited for it as well!

Hopefully Mark will swoop in with a better answer but “t track scale” on Amazon pops up a few item with slide in or etched scales.

1 Like

Bench Dogs](https://benchdogs.co.uk/)

But you could fabricate this at SLMS!

3 Likes

Thanks Dermot - that looks like the one. Quite pricey, maybe a plain extrusion with some tape will do for now. Or yes, make one!

2 Likes