Open Evening, November 16th 2022 7-9pm

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa4976e2650>

Have you been lurking on Discourse for a while? Have you been curious to come and check out the space in person?? Maybe you signed up for the waiting list and have just been waiting?

Well then come along to:

Open Evening!

Come by the space and get a tour, see the tools, meet some Makers and ask any questions you may have!

Date : Wednesday, Nov 16th, 2022
Time : 7pm - 9pm (drop in anytime)
Arch 1129, 41 Norwood Road,
London, SE24 9AJ

It is in the railway arches, behind the Costcutter, next to Canopy Brewing…

See you then!

4 Likes

There might be cake… :wink:

5 Likes

Hey there fellow artists and creatives!

(Since it’s likely there’ll be cake) I’d love to come and see the space.

I dunno if this would work for a member run space but I’m really interested in volunteering 1 day a week at a design space so I can brush up on some of my skills and learn new ones. I’m not an expert in anything really but I went to UAL and learned some things there years ago. I’m eager to get back into design after some time out and need to be around a creative buzz again.

Does anyone know if this would be possible at South London Makers?

Shelley

2 Likes

Hi Shelley and welcome!

Open Evenings are a great way to get a feel for the Makerspace. You’ll get a scenic tour of our workshops and we should be able to answer most of your questions!

One thing that you should know is that all members are the Makerspace. If you have an idea, no harm in putting it out on Discourse or pick somebody’s brain at the Space. Hosting a workshop that is open to the members and non members is absolutely fine, like Textiles Night or Electronics Night. Both members and non members are always very welcome.

The one thing, AFAIK, we’re not really keen on is if somebody uses the Space for business purposes. We emphasize that we’re a community and not a service.

Looking forward seeing you next Wednesday! (Yes! Most likely there will be cake - I’ve been told :wink: )

Mark