Offered: Upholstery tools

My gran used to teach upholstery and it’s been a long time since she used her tools. If anyone has a hankering, or the space could use them, let me know. She’d love to know they were being used :slight_smile: Speciality hammers and claws for upholstery tacks, webbing stretcher, leather working tools etc.

2 Likes

Great for space but if they pass I’ll definitely be interested…just picked up some fabrics today for projects.

2 Likes

I’d love to know what kind of things there are.

Am particularly interested in the setting tools for rivets, eyelets and stud fastenings.

1 Like

I am a fan, can we get it to the space please?

2 Likes

Ditto. Would be great to add it to the space toolkit…one caveat is allowing members to take tools to the project…I know its usually bring the project to the tools in the space…its the once instance where the reverse makes more logical sense - or to have the option to do so.

Taking small upholstery tools to the armchairs, chairs or sofa rather than the other way around…they take up a lot of space in the space and are a pain to transport back and forth.

2 Likes

Could we entice your gran to run an intro session? : )

Emeritus UpholsteryTech!

1 Like

She is 98 years old, bent double, and finds it tiring to lift a cup of tea :smiley:

I’ll see if I can get a photo arranged.

This might all take a while…

1 Like