Off-cut hardwood donation

Hello fellow makers!

My workplace is getting rid of these off-cuts of hardwood. These are all usable pieces that includes oak, walnut and sapele. Could be used for turning, edging or profiles for example.

Is there interest for me to drop this at the makerspace and anyone would be welcome to use it for their project?

We are looking to donate this material.

What does @woodtechs think?

2 Likes

I’d be interested in some oak and walnut

I would also be interested in some oak and walnut

I’d be interested in some, I’ve got a frame to make. Thank you!

I would also be interested in some of the wood :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Where is work and do we need to collect?

@woodlathetechs

1 Like

Woodlathe would use this for inductions! Let us know how much we can grab. We have capacity for all of it it it helps.

Thanks @kyle for tagging us.

1 Like

Short answer is bring it to the space if it’s hardwood we will find a home for it

1 Like

Would love to also call dibs on some walnut!

Ok great there is alot of interest!

Preferably I would drop these off during office hours tomorrow or early next week. Depends on when someone is at the space as I dont have shutter access.

I can just stack them some place and then members can grab what and when they need.

Is there a good place in the woodshop for me to put them? @woodlathetechs @woodtechs

1 Like

Please could I have some to make a book binding press for the space? Need two lengths approx 24 inch x3x 6-8 inches. Want to make a combo laying and finishing press and a accompanying book plough.

2 Likes

Mark them as your donation and put them in the project storage by the lathe. we can disseminate from there.

@woodlathetechs and @scday94 if you want to take what you need from there feel free

2 Likes

I have put the timber in these three places. We are happy that these pieces will be put to good use. You dont have to consult me on what you take. Its everyones now!

Cheers.

6 Likes