New Year - Open Evening Volunteering

All 2024 dates for volunteering for the Open Evenings are wide open and ready for folks to jump in and put their names down. What better way to kick off the New Year than with a fresh volunteering resolution?

The first Open Evening this year will be the 10th of January. Our Open evenings aren’t just loads of fun and a great way to help out the makerspace; they also provide you with the opportunity to secure shutter privileges.

Cheers,
Karin

5 Likes

I’m game to help with some. But I’m new so probably later in the year after I find my feet and meet some more peeps :grin:

6 Likes

In case you’re concerned you’re not established enough, there’s no need to be an expert on the space to volunteer! Ive volunteered a few times and it’s always helpful to have new members with a bit of enthusiasm and who know the basics of what’s going on and how memberships work (and are comfortable asking other members when they don’t know something). Plus it’s a good way to meet folks doing cool stuff and learn about the space.

1 Like

Cool, well I’m game to do one at some point.

What’s the process for signing up and what is involved in hosting?

1 Like

Sounds great! Simply choose a date at the Open Evening hosts rota and add your name. We have a handy guide on what is involved in hosting the evening.

2 Likes