New wood inductor casting call!

We’re calling for new wood inductors to help get new members on-boarded faster. Here’s the sales pitch:

• It’s great way to get involved with the space, meet people, and help keep things running.

• You’ll learn a lot - one of the best ways to get better is to teach! When you’re giving the induction and have to answer questions, you’re more likely to look it up or ask and remember. Plus members coming through SLMS have a variety of prior experience; I have learned a thing or two from professional joiners and long time hobbyists that have attended inductions.

• You can make a little bit of money to spend at Koi, Morley’s and Costcutter

You don’t need to be an expert, but ideally have some woodworking experience and have spent some time at SLMS.

We’d also expect that you commit to running at least 3 induction sessions.

If interested, reply here or reach out to @woodtechs. We’ll meet up and talk further about what running an induction entails. After that, one of us will shadow you running an induction.

4 Likes

I’d be happy to do some if you need… as a non expert. I do get v busy sometimes and then less so - so I just need to fit this in when I can…

2 Likes

I’m keen to get involved, but would like to use the woodshop a few more times to get myself more accustomed to the space.

1 Like